• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
5 years 1 month ago #29344 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: EVE: The Mittani Interviews SOE CEO John Smedley
Snippet -

Ever since Dust 514 was announced to be a PS3 exclusive, some in the Eve playerbase have been worried about a Sony takeover of CCP - especially now that CCP is making IPO noises in the run-up to the Dust 514 release. Care to comment on or debunk these rumors?

Folks - there is NO truth whatsoever to the rumor that Sony is buying CCP. I went to Fan[fest] as a player. Ask my corp mates. I did the pub crawl. I hung out. I ate that shitty nasty shark whateverthehell it is thing. It's as simple as that. In the online gaming industry there are really very few companies. I know most of their CEOs and really like most of them a lot and play their games. Hilmar was kind enough to give us an office tour and extend some wonderful Icelandic hospitality. There it is. Nothing more.

Read the entire interview here.

Racist: [rey-sist] noun; 1. Someone who wins an argument against a Liberal. 2. Anyone who doesn't completely share Liberal ideology.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Shayde
  • Kitchen Staff Supervisor
  • Kitchen Staff Supervisor
  • Ex-Agent to the Stars.
More
5 years 1 month ago #29345 by Shayde
Shayde replied the topic: Re: EVE: The Mittani Interviews SOE CEO John Smedley
Only reason I'd tend to believe him is that there is NO way they have the budget to buy CCP.

Shayde
Agent to the STARS!

Adios Whackjobs!

More
5 years 1 month ago #29347 by daffid011
daffid011 replied the topic: Re: EVE: The Mittani Interviews SOE CEO John Smedley
SOE is so desperate for cash they are selling off their IPs in whole or part. No way they can afford to acquire another company.

I was able to play dust514 for a little while over the weekend. It was pretty good. It was the same old run of the mill shooter action though.

More
5 years 1 month ago #29348 by AcidBaron
AcidBaron replied the topic: Re: EVE: The Mittani Interviews SOE CEO John Smedley
Doubt SOE has the money to buy out CCP to begin with.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 60 guests and no members online