• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
4 years 4 months ago #31861 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: State of the Game - March Madness
fallenearth.gamersfirst.com/2013/03/state-of-game-march-madness.html

State of the Game - March Madness

March Madness

Wastelanders! Neverender here, and I want to tell you about the madness going on behind the scenes at Fallen Earth HQ. No, I’m not referring to my amazing MSPaint concept art skills or Tee Affo’s continued improvements on his sheep imitations (But seriously, good job Tee Affo. We are all proud of you.) Whether you prefer PvP or PvE, we have some exciting new content in the works for you to look forward to.

Before I jump into what's on the horizon, I'll tell you a bit about what's we've been working on over the course of the last few weeks. In addition to pre-production for the below stuff, most of our time has been taken addressing minor issues and bugs with the Coresuit and effects changes, in addition to several major bugfixes and server-side improvements to instances and stability. The final frontier, which we are in the middle of work on now, is improving and stabilizing the Blood Sports experience once and for all. Recent issues provided us an opportunity to dig deep and address some core issues that have lingered for a while, and once those things are fixed and tested (in the next week or two) Blood Sports should markedly improve for the better.

As we wrap that up, we will begin to transition onto some new and exciting features that we'll discuss starting NOW.

New Death Toll Weapons

I am saddened to report that my Neverender’s Revenge pistols may only have a short time left as the most badass Death Toll weapon available. Here is an early look at two of the upcoming additions to the Death Toll arsenal. First we have the quite clever and very reliable Jet Engine Hammer, for those of you who enjoy getting up close and personal to beat the competition into submission.

Some of you may have noticed a dearth of weapons of the shotgun variety at higher levels. We aim to change that, and the new Murder of Crows sawn-off shotgun is a direct hit. DISCLAIMER: No crows were harmed in the making of this glorious shotgun.

The new Death Toll weapons are special not only because of their raw power, but also because they will be among the first that will be a part of a new AP Augmentation system that Skathi will tell you about later in this post.

The Dome

The Dome is a 2-Man PvE gauntlet of 10 bosses that will require a combination of skill, strategy, and teamwork to conquer. The arena itself (crafted by our own Ninjanomicory) is a run down Football stadium that the Bankers got their hands on and repurposed for their entertainment.

Level 55 players will be able to queue as a pair or can queue solo to be matched with another player looking to participate in The Dome. Gear will not degrade and ammo will not be expended from participation in The Dome. The difficulty and rewards will scale up with each boss encounter completed successfully.

The Dome bosses will feature some before-seen foes, as well as some familiar faces that have been given a new look. There will also be a few surprises, but I won’t spoil those here...

The main reward for success in The Dome will be the recipes and necessary components to craft new AP Augmentable weapons that will be patterned after the new Death Toll weapons. Other rewards include AP to spend upgrading the new weapons.

AP Augmentation System:

Some of you might remember that a few years ago we had started to work on an augmentation system. Unfortunately when we took a step back and looked at what we had, the original draft of that system ended up not fitting the needs of the game mechanics or the community.

What we really wanted from an augmentation system was a way for players to continue expanding their builds after reaching max level, while using existing systems and resources they had already gathered – AP, in this case.

Through Deathtoll and Dome rewards we will be introducing weapons that players will be able to stat out similar to building a character. While we don’t have a lot of details to release at this point, I can say that weapons will have various stats that players can put AP in that will enhance aspects of the weapon. We will focus on weapons for max level characters first and then expand the system to armor.

Stay tuned for more previews, and keep an eye out for this stuff to hit the Live server later this year.

-Fallen Earth Dev Team

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” ― George Orwell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 112 guests and no members online