Topic-icon Fallen Earth: State of the Game 2016? Flatline

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #41077 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Fallen Earth: State of the Game 2016? Flatline
When I predict what MMO will shutter next, I can't help but think of Fallen Earth that has all but fallen from all MMO gaming discussion. In fact, I am sure it has surprised some that Gamersfirst hasn't already shuttered Fallen Earth. The last state of the Game by the devlopers was posted March 2015.

Snippet -

So what’s next for FE? We’re back to doing what we love most, developing the game and working on new ways to keep players engaged. Our first priority for new content is continuing the storylines we started in The Outpost. We’re moving into pre-production on this now and will release more info as it becomes available.

While the art department is working on that, the rest of us are keeping busy with bug fixes. We’ve been going through the list, fine tuning drop tables and cleaning up various missions to make them less of a grind. Some of these fixes have made it on to live already with others still in progress on our internal servers and as with all balance issues, some recent changes may still be tweaked a bit.

While 2015 started a bit rough, we’ve got some cool things planned in game and some exciting possibilities we think players will be really interested in.

A player posted on a thread asking about the 2016 State of the game, and there has been no response from the developers or GF. In fact, the responses to the thread paint a chilling picture on FE's current status. A peak at FE's Steam stats appear to validate the players' concerns. To date, the only regular FE announcements are to promote cash shop sales.

There are rumors that the devs are no longer with the game; that GF's focus is on APB; that the game was suppsoed to be shuttered in March 2016, etc.. I found three devs that support FE run under the name Iron Foot Studios. If the blog section is any indication on what is going on with FE, then then the game truly is dead-in-the-water.

Fallen Earth has not received any content, significant updates or fixes in over a year. There has been no new announcements, even Tiggs, Administrator/community manager, does little in the way of any communication with the playerbase. The neglect FE is suffering doesn't warrant a subscription fee and the F2P version has many game restrictions that will not encourage player retention. All in all, it is more of a mystery to me how FE manages to still stay up and running. It must be one hell of a tax write off! :lol:

Fallen Earth had so much potential in the beginning. It just seemed to have lost its way early on and ended up in the clutches of Gamersfirst. FE is now on life-support waiting for the plug to be finally pulled which will put it and the few players remaining out of their ongoing misery.

If the Democrats didn't have double standards, they'd have none at all.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Kazara.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
1 year 1 month ago #41080 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: Fallen Earth: State of the Game? Flatline
It's a shame. Fallen Earth was a fun game to play. It never was quite sand-boxy enough to develop a great player-community like I wanted, BUT (big but) the player community I did experience in Fallen Earth was much better than any MMO WoW and after. The game needed player housing and player cities. I just don't know why they didn't add those on very close to release (if not with release).

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 year 1 month ago #41081 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Fallen Earth: State of the Game? Flatline
I followed Fallen Earth and actually attended a dev meet-up in Baltimore years ago when the game was still in development. I was really excited for this game. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the post-apocalyptic setting and the crafting. The communication and involvement with the devs were second to none.

When the game launched, I couldn't help but feel it wasn't quite ready for prime time - - and I think this may have ultimately contributed to Icarus studios and the devs losing their way financially and developmentally. Losing key devs didn't help.

I agree Temploiter, housing and player cities would have put a lot of 'toys' in the potential sandbox. It certainly would have fostered more of a community feel which I never got to experience in game.

Sigh. So much potential lost - - flushed right down the crapper when Gamersfirst acquired the game in 2011 and went right to F2P within six months. Needless to say that all the original devs and their vision are long gone, and FE will never be anymore than it is now.

If the Democrats didn't have double standards, they'd have none at all.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds

Fringers Online

We have 61 guests and no members online