Topic-icon SWTOR: Fangirl Andryah Quits the Game!

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #37852 by Kazara
Anyone who has played SWTOR and read the O-boards know of Andryah - a staunch apologist for SWTOR/Bioware. She reminds me of BadgerSmaker and Obraik of SWG, but with much more trollishness.

www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=476966&page=81

Andryah said:

I'm surprised this thread has not been popped and applied given all the people leaving over the events of the last 60 days.

I'm not into long winded good byes, and in fact I said good bye a couple weeks ago. But since I'm logged in today to wrap up and close down my account.....

I'm leaving SWTOR not because of any specific feature, or lack of, or bug.... but rather because the way customers as a whole have been treated since early December is unprofessional and takes advantage of player good will.

This MMO has struggled since launch. It turned around nicely and accelerated on a positive track in 2013. But 2014 has been a complete disappointment. Your performance as a studio in 2013 set the bar for moving forward. 2014 looks very much like you have once again lost the recipe. And frankly the alleged 2015 roadmap does nothing to restore confidence that you actually are capable of keep this MMO out of the ditch.

I've given Bioware many breaks and overlooked things because I know MMO are complex software projects and things happen, and choices need to be made. I actually understand the rationale and complexities they have to grapple with. However, there is only so far you can abuse the good will of your customers before they say enough is enough. For myself, generally very tolerant of issues with MMOs, I'm done.

To those that think things are fine and are happy with the state of the game now, I wish you all the best and hopefully your feelings are not betrayed by events in 2015.

To those that have had enough, and are moving on, how about using this thread as your parting venue rather then spraying the forum with a flurry of individual good bye posts.

Take care everyone.

With her level of obsession over SWTOR, I doubt she will stay away from the game long. If I were still playing, I wouldn't waste a single grain of salt on her departure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
2 years 1 month ago #37856 by Temploiter
I always think these rabid fanboys (and girls) are paid. Where is BadgerSmaker or Obraik now? What are they playing? Are they shilling again?

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 years 1 month ago #37857 by Kazara
Badger quit SWG shortly after the closure announcement. I did some research sometime ago and Badger is more into music than any games. I believe Obraik went on to play other games, but obviously has found nothing to be a vocal fanboi about that I know of. I found a post on some obscure site where he he said that he was looking forward to The Repopulation. I think they both might have gotten a free trip or two to $OE Live, but I don't believe they were ever on the actual $OE payroll.

It was long believed that Andryah was an employee - - but I am not so sure now. I read on the SWTOR subforum at mmorpg.com that she was very unhappy about the slot machine nerf a couple of weeks ago which may have prompted her to quit. EA/Bioware could do no wrong in her eyes until it was something that effected her outright. Her departure actually is a positive for the TOR community IMHO.

• Shayde
  • Kitchen Staff Supervisor
  • Kitchen Staff Supervisor
  • Ex-Agent to the Stars.
More
2 years 1 month ago #37858 by Shayde
Just like a romance.. hot at first, but when neglected for a long time it finally ends.

Can't fault passion. Blind passion deludes us all once in a while.

Shayde
Agent to the STARS!

Adios Whackjobs!

• suske
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • bananas!
More
2 years 1 month ago #37859 by suske
i hope she stays out of the repopulation. dont need any knob polishers ruining this community.

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 years 1 month ago #37860 by Kazara
Suske, I just hope she stays away from ANY game I play. :lol:

Andryah is just upset with her "precious". She won't be able to stay away.

• SirMarty
  • Wont Go Away
  • Wont Go Away
  • Gaming Legend
More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #44286 by SirMarty
LMFAO she's baaack and shilling again too. Not surprised.

How many cats could a catscan scan if a catscan could scan cats?
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by SirMarty.

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #44289 by Kazara
LOL! A SWTOR fanboi of his/her caliber couldn't stay away. She obviously has forgiven Bioware for nerfing her in-game item.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #44292 by Temploiter
EA probably coughed up some cash to pay her for her SWTOR evangelism.

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #44299 by Kazara
Bioware should have just made her a paid community manager - - she can do no wrong no matter how vile his/her behavior to others. She/he would have fit in well with SWG NGE forums as a CM.

If a potential player wants to participate on a game's community forum, Andryah is a reason not to bother to pick up the game to begin with.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Fringers Online

We have 60 guests and no members online