Topic-icon Forum Trolls

• ridrod
  • ridrod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Just Blew In
  • Just Blew In
More
2 years 3 months ago #39138 by ridrod
ridrod created the topic: Forum Trolls
I have to say I'm absolutely disgusted that Bioware constantly ignore my reports that I sent to them for multiple breaches of the forum rules by biodrones and defenders.

I created this account because if I said this on the SWTOR forums I will be banned.

branmakmuffin
oddballeasyeight
reno_tarshil
andyrah (haven't seen her post in a while)

Why the hell aren't these people banned yet? Specifically branmakmuffin, the worst of them. If people have genuine problems or concerns, don't be worried because branmakmuffin will come into your thread and ridicule you until you are baited, and then YOU will be the one who gets banned.

I have personally sent over 50 report posts about him. His passive aggressive, obnoxious, annoying, ridiculing comments always seem to be ignored by Bioware. I have spoke to about 5 other forum members through private chat who also want him banned.

Does he work for bioware or something???? I have been banned on the swtor forums for saying less worse things than he's said.

Seriously look at his posting history, he loves to say ""problem" solved." Someone has a problem, he will say what he wants, then he says "problem solved". What a vile annoying little brat. Please anyone who reads this, send reports. I have a deep suspicion he is a bioware employee.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #39139 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Forum Trolls
Welcome aboard! I feel your frustration ridrod. These type of fanbois remind me of the toxic atmosphere of the SWG O-boards back in the NGE day. One of the more obnoxious fanbois, BadgerSmaker, actually got a temporary ban but he had to actually physically threaten another poster to get it. Unfortunately, these apologists are given a lot of leeway.

I occasionally visit the SWTOR forums, and am unfortunately familiar with the branmakmuffin troll. I believe andyrah rage quit SWTOR over the slot machine nerf quite sometime ago (she made a farewell post to the delight of many players). I am not familiar with the other two, but there are definitely others in the SWTOR community that need some forum vacation time.

Feel free to express yourself here - - we won't censor or ban you.
:)

Racist: [rey-sist] noun; 1. Someone who wins an argument against a Liberal. 2. Anyone who doesn't completely share Liberal ideology.

• Shayde
  • Kitchen Staff Supervisor
  • Kitchen Staff Supervisor
  • Ex-Agent to the Stars.
More
2 years 3 months ago #39141 by Shayde
Shayde replied the topic: Forum Trolls
Welcome to The Fringe... a place for Gamers to vent since what.. 2003?

Shayde
Agent to the STARS!

Adios Whackjobs!

More
2 years 3 months ago #39143 by Kazara
When the now defunct $OE created and launched the SWG NGE, the SWG forums went into mass censorship and bannings. Players then took to the SWG sub-forums of mmorpg.com, which also imposed mass deletions and bannings. This triggered the creation of another another gamer forum, RLMMO.com, by like minded, disenfranchised SWG veteran players, but they turned into the vile gaming forums that they fled from (or were banned from) and bellied up. This site was created when RLMMO.com became a corrupt site pushing its own "ideology" over the voices of its members (that is a whole other story :P).

Any poster can state their opinions without fear of censorship, moderator editing or being banned, but there is no tolerance for personal attacks or spammers. Attack a post - - but not the poster. Most sane folks acknowledge that when an argument sinks to a personal level, the argument is already lost.

Hey kef, when did you actually start this site? I know it wasn't before 2007.

Racist: [rey-sist] noun; 1. Someone who wins an argument against a Liberal. 2. Anyone who doesn't completely share Liberal ideology.

• SirMarty
  • Wont Go Away
  • Wont Go Away
  • Gaming Legend
More
1 year 8 months ago #40086 by SirMarty
SirMarty replied the topic: Forum Trolls
There's a few more like Rafaman, Sarfux and theUndead, but they're from the elder days. There're also a few new-gen Biodrone Apologists (like CrazyCT), but most of the apologists are gone or even turned into being critics (Holocron is one former apologist).

I know they perma'd poor old ZionHalcyon. Feel bad for the guy. He was one of the game's most staunch critics on the forums and represented the so-called "haters" really well.

What I find hilarious in all of this is not only the blatant bias towards the apologists, but that a few posters who were formerly perma'd on the forums got their forum ban overturned, mainly due to their "popularity" within the game. These guys weren't necessarily "haters", but I think most of them were banned for posting what could be considered as harassment towards casual PvE'ers and RP'ers. One player who was finally unbanned on the forums after 3 or 4 years was unbanned due to his stupid t-shirt campaign. I know there were like one or 2 others who were unbanned for becoming class representatives.

So stupid.

How many cats could a catscan scan if a catscan could scan cats?

• MMO_Doubter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • No evil shall escape my sight.
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #40090 by MMO_Doubter
MMO_Doubter replied the topic: Forum Trolls
Let's see:

Banned from war hammer alliance (Warhammer Online)
Banned from roamersandlurkers. (The Walking Dead)
Banned from westeros DOT org (game of thrones)
Banned from mmorpg DOT com

Suspended MANY times on boardgamegeek (I thought I would be banned for sure a year ago, since I called out the head moderator by name).

Prohibited from discussing Risk: Legacy on BGG

I HAVE BEEN suspended here, by someone who later got fired from the site. Pretty sure Kaz has been tempted a few times.

"I dont care about "gamers interest", only mine."
- Spathotan. Oct 2, 2011
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by MMO_Doubter.

More
1 year 8 months ago #40091 by Kazara
;) MMO_D, I only get the ban itch when "discussions" devolve into personal attacks. Lively debate is always fun to participate in and/or watch. :lol:

• SirMarty
  • Wont Go Away
  • Wont Go Away
  • Gaming Legend
More
9 months 5 hours ago #44509 by SirMarty
SirMarty replied the topic: Forum Trolls
I decided to log into the forums and pleasantly saw that branmakmuffin hasn't logged into his forum account since mid-2016. Upon checking the forum account that he had friended, on their friend list it shows him as banned. Thank goodness and good riddance!

It seems others such as Reno_Tarshit, OddBallz and Rafadouche have stopped posting due to unsubscribing. It's a great time to be alive and not banned for all SWTOR "haters"!

How many cats could a catscan scan if a catscan could scan cats?

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #44510 by Kazara
Ooooh yeah. I recall branmakmuffin....another Bioware/EA SWTOR apologist. I am glad to hear he and others of his ilk are no longer trolling the forums. Gratz on your apparent unbanning and enjoy!

There is nothing in SWTOR that encourages me to return. I have no use for a game with a cash shop run economy with the fanboi bozos that keep spending crazy money on loot crates which makes it worse. There is no way I could level character after character with the same, tired content. To each their own though.....so I am happy for all those that are still managing to have fun

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 105 guests and no members online