Topic-icon SWTOR: Dark vs Light event is the reason I'm leaving

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #41969 by Kazara
It appears the Dark vs Light Event was a poor substitute for solid, new content and it appeared to be a money grab for players forced to recycle through content to participate. It is well expressed by a departing player on the O-board.

www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=888592

Dear Dev's,

I was an original sub, a founder of the game. I've played through everything so far and am supposedly a "legendary" player with a level 50 legacy. I have been dedicated to you for the past 5 years. How do you reward me? A half-assed event that ignores all my previous achievements and forces me to do it all again. For rewards that I may or may not be able to use on the specific character i get it on, and as far as armour goes I get pieces at random, not a complete set which is easy to unlock. Your solution to the unusable item issue is telling me to buy Cartel Coins (CC) to unlock the the set in collections. How *********** hard is it to make them bind to legacy, this doesn't let people sell it or exploit the system, it just allows players that have taken the time to grind your game to have a little freedom in how they use their rewards. Haven't you taken enough money from your subs? You have gotten 5 years of subscription out of me. I get that you want new customers, I get that you need to make money to update the game, however taking a steaming **** on your dedicated player base is the exact thing that ruins repeat business. Sure you get one time purchases from new players but what kind of business model is that?

I'm not sure who's calling the shots or what spineless lackeys thought "Yeah all our players want is to replay the same **** over and over again for no *********** reason, great idea boss", but fire those *********** morons and move someone else up. You've just lost a founder all because you couldn't be ****ed to intelligently reward your diehard fans. For future reference I like to be wined and dined before I get ****ed.

Goodbye devs, congrats on proving all the wow nerds right. You are ****

You have to be a dedicated fan to still be playing this game for this long IMHO. There is NOTHING in this game worth repeating over and over and over again. It has never been about rewarding the loyal playerbase - - it has always been "how can we milk more money out of them?"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #41970 by Temploiter
And this is why MMOs are dying, they are money milking machines now, not fun virtual worlds to have awesome adventures in.

A million years ago several of us bemoaned any RMT in any MMO and said it would be the end of them.

Some others told those of us to 'get with the times' etc.

Those KoolAid drinkers, off somewhere posting on Facebook how great Shillary is, no doubt, were wrong - AGAIN.

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

• MMO_Doubter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • No evil shall escape my sight.
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #41973 by MMO_Doubter

Temploiter wrote: And this is why MMOs are dying, they are money milking machines now, not fun virtual worlds to have awesome adventures in.

A million years ago several of us bemoaned any RMT in any MMO and said it would be the end of them.

Some others told those of us to 'get with the times' etc.

Those KoolAid drinkers, off somewhere posting on Facebook how great Shillary is, no doubt, were wrong - AGAIN.

Yep. As soon as you put in any sort of cash shop, you have an interest in making the 'game' WORSE in order to encourage purchases of items or tokens or passes to mitigate the intentional crap that you inserted.

"I dont care about "gamers interest", only mine."
- Spathotan. Oct 2, 2011

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #41974 by Kazara
Exactly. RMT is actually a big disincentive to good MMORPG development. Crafting is usually a joke - - cash shop and lottery loot boxes will always offer the most desirable items in an MMO. SWTOR is a good example with lottery packs running the economy. Rewards in-game are frequently now for sale in cash shops to spare snowflake gamers the grind.

There are now games in development that plan to tie in death to the cash shops. I only see it getting worse as subscribing players are targeted more and more for cash shop players - - they are the true whales.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Fringers Online

We have 115 guests and one member online

• Temploiter