Topic-icon Launch SWTOR is better than SWTOR 6 years later.

• Sikozye
  • Sikozye's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wont Go Away
  • Wont Go Away
  • Gaming Legend
More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #47300 by Sikozye
Sikozye created the topic: Launch SWTOR is better than SWTOR 6 years later.
" A MSG from Yolo. Launch SWTOR is better than SWTOR 6 years later. "

VaceDemon wrote: Solo ranked is fun but I'm tired of how little the developers do for this game. Going on nearly since the inception of ranked arenas and you have wintraders and backfillers queueing on throwaway accounts to decline the pops for their main accounts, all to get top 3 rewards to sell those accounts and nothing has been done to stop it lmao. I honestly wonder what the devs do when they go to work everyday. Must be thrilling to know your online single-player game with online chat rooms and a few co-op minigames (I mean MMO) is a complete wash and has been since 3.0.

Then you had dead servers opened for years when merges were due at least 2 years prior to when they actually happened (November 2017). Servers like Jung Ma, BC, Bastion and Pot5 were still open for (god help them) any NEW players. A new player picks Bastion and it's a complete ghost town. What a great first impression to an MMO. Is SWTOR even classified as an MMO anymore? Seriously. Now you 2 east coast servers which shouldn't even be competing with each other (it's Jedi Covenant vs. Shadowlands all over again) and effectively killed off any remaining APAC population since west coast servers no longer exist.

You also have an intrusive cash shop with an economy that is heavily hinged on it. There are players that admittedly buy hypercrates of these lottery loot boxes then flood the market with the packs or items they do not want from opened crates. Good luck trying to play F2P or preferred when you're bombarded with cash shop pop-ups telling you to "subscribe to have full access" to this or that. You need to subscribe to have full access to dye your armor to your chestpiece, or to show titles! What a joke lmao.

Last but certainly not least, you have the hyperinflation that's been plaguing this game since 3.0 due to exploits the devs allowed to run rampant, only to suspend people for a few days (NOT ban) and not even drain the illegal currency from the accounts players exploited on. Then these suspended players went to the game's subreddit to gloat on how they got away with it and came back sitting on hundreds of millions of credits.

Launch SWTOR is better than SWTOR 6 years later. I didn't know games go backwards. It's like I paid for a full-release game then as the years go by it slowly turns into a pre-alpha game. So sad, this game had such great potential. I unsubbed and won't be coming back.

This was a message from Yolo Sorc. He wanted me to post this for him since he unsubbed.

I'm Yolo Sorc. This was a thread I typed up to send to my friend Vace to post on the forums. It's felt longer but I've been unsubbed for 2 weeks already and don't plan to ever renew my sub. Sick of the same old song and dance from EAware. The game has gone down the gutter and I don't see this game living beyond 2019. There's so many better things I can be putting $15/mo toward.

How many cats could a catscan scan if a catscan could scan cats?
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Sikozye.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #47301 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Launch SWTOR is better than SWTOR 6 years later.
I left SWOR years ago and gave no desire to ever return. One of the reasons I left was due to the economy being based on lottery loot crates. It was also obvious that there was a lot more development going into lottery loot than was going into the game itself. If this wasn't a Star Wars brand, the game would have bellied up a long time ago.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

• Sikozye
  • Sikozye's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wont Go Away
  • Wont Go Away
  • Gaming Legend
More
1 month 3 days ago - 1 month 3 days ago #47342 by Sikozye
Sikozye replied the topic: Launch SWTOR is better than SWTOR 6 years later.

Kazara wrote: I left SWOR years ago and gave no desire to ever return. One of the reasons I left was due to the economy being based on lottery loot crates. It was also obvious that there was a lot more development going into lottery loot than was going into the game itself. If this wasn't a Star Wars brand, the game would have bellied up a long time ago.

You pretty much summed up the whole game in a nutshell tbh. The economy is a mess and suffering hyperinflation. The dev team is dilapidated beyond belief that they can't even release a complete raid, they have to release it in a piecemeal style (one boss every few months!). New PvP maps take 1½ to 2 years to make. There's only so many times I can play the same instances over and over and over again.

While I had taken a 2 year break from this game, even under a new and better game producer (the best one this game's ever had tbh), this game isn't going to get better. It's just going to chug along releasing bits and pieces of new MMO content while advertising the newest sales in the cash shop <em>every week</em> until the cash shop is no longer profitable and EA cans the game. I also realized that SWTOR is like one of the very few modern games where you can be gone for several years at a time and virtually nothing changes. Laughable!

How many cats could a catscan scan if a catscan could scan cats?
Last Edit: 1 month 3 days ago by Sikozye.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
4 weeks 1 day ago #47399 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: Launch SWTOR is better than SWTOR 6 years later.
I played through all the content I wanted to within 6 months and was done with that game 6 months past launch. There's no reason to revisit zones you've already completed in a Theme Park MMO. And all you are doing is trying your damnedest to get through it as fast as possible to get to max and get to the 'real' game that was really quite shit, besides some of the BGs and like 1 dungeon.

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

You are not logged in.

Fringers Online

We have 112 guests and no members online

Login