Topic-icon Death of a Game: Star Wars - The Old Republic

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 weeks 3 days ago #47533 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Death of a Game: Star Wars - The Old Republic

"Was wondering why you were saying it was dead, and then I recall reason two: "the game suffers a mass exodus of players that it never manages to recover from". So we're at the last legs? Wonder if I can try it at least once. Curious about the Sith classes, if not just make a Bounty Hunter."

"well, now Disney made it non canon, who cares if my beloved SWTOR, and all the hours I put into my knight are dead. RIP Star Wars and my love of it."

"Forgot this game existed to be honest. I enjoyed playing the game when it first came out. The class stories were enjoyable, but I played the game as if it were a single-player game (and indeed would've enjoyed it much more if it was because then I could save/reload). As far as MMOs go it was pretty rubbish, but MMOs have been a stale genre for more than a decade now in my opinion. Anyway, about a year or two after release (more or less) I heard they ditched the class stories in favour of just having two stories (one for each faction) and then they later ditched that to just have one story for everyone. They should've just made KotOR 3."

"long story short its too niche the only people that play this game are people who love star wars. For gamers however there are plenty of better MMORPGs out there. If they made this into a single player game it would of been amazing with a revamp to the gameplay."

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
2 weeks 3 days ago #47538 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: Death of a Game: Star Wars - The Old Republic
The class-based storylines were the best part of that game, hands-down, they were good. The overall game couldn't keep me playing because as an MMO it wasn't my bag, but that was the best part. Did they really bag those? I find myself shaking my head in disbelief too often these days.

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 weeks 3 days ago #47541 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Death of a Game: Star Wars - The Old Republic
I agree the stories were excellent, but there was just too much that wasn't done well enough - - too many short cuts and lazy development, and then add the lottery loot box mechanic to the game, and players end up moving on. If it wasn't for the Star Wars branding that keeps the fanbois throwing money at it, the game would have already shuttered IMHO.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

You are not logged in.

Fringers Online

We have 114 guests and no members online

Login