Topic-icon SWGEmu: Of ADKs and Player Numbers

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #38490 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: SWGEmu: Of ADKs and Player Numbers
It appears that there has been a significant drop in player numbers, and some of this was attributed to private servers that offer Jedi. Some feel it is just the in between publish doldrums. I also think some folks have just tired of playing period. There is a thread on the Basilisk board about it:

Publish 7 will bring ADKs (Anti-decay kits) and increased decay on weapons, especially sliced weapons. The devs said it will reflect what was on live, but why emulate bad design decisions? Players have asked that ADKs be BoP (bind on pick up) in the past, but it appears they can be traded and sold to others. There is discussion about that too:

I honestly felt that ADKs were anti-SWG in design. I wish the emu devs spent more time on core game development than developing player rewards that were meant for paying players back when the game was live.

Democrat (n): a sub-human being that spreads hate, fear and racism to try to be elected into public office.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Kazara.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
2 years 6 months ago #38493 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: SWGEmu: Of ADKs and Player Numbers
This has always been my fear with the EMU is that they picked a broken version of the game to emulate. More broken, anyway.

The multiple character slots are killing the game too. And Jedi will be the death blow.

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 years 6 months ago #38498 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: SWGEmu: Of ADKs and Player Numbers
I suspect the availability of Jedi on the Bloodfin Emu server is already siphoning players from SWGEmu.

Hubby and I discussed the negative impact of ADK's back when the game was live. He took full advantage ot it - he had an entire composite suit with all his wonderful SEAs protected with ADKs and his damage sliced Krayt T-21 was also outfitted with an ADK. He even had more ADKs lying around because we had so many credits, we bought them up - - but of course they were rendered useless by the CU when decay was removed form the game.

Being that SWGEmu players can play more than one character, weaponsmiths will still be needed, especially with increased decay.

I have to admit I will make one of my toons go Jedi. I enjoyed the village quests back in the day. I do believe that Jedi will run rampant on Basilisk when the time comes and will be the preferred combat toon for many. New and veteran BHs will have fun with the Jedi bounties. I am hoping there will be a non-Jedi server that is actually viable when alpha is done, but now with more private SWG servers coming available, I am not so sure.

Democrat (n): a sub-human being that spreads hate, fear and racism to try to be elected into public office.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
2 years 6 months ago #38510 by Temploiter
Yeah, I'm probably done with EMU for a while. I'll keep abreast of developments, but I can't really stand the idea of playing on a server with a game I know to be broken, and everybody else knows the broken parts, but for 'authenticity' are keeping them in.

Temploiter

• Shayde
  • Kitchen Staff Supervisor
  • Ex-Agent to the Stars.
More
2 years 6 months ago #38511 by Shayde
Shayde replied the topic: SWGEmu: Of ADKs and Player Numbers
I support ADKs as long as there is failure on repairs.

I lost a much beloved Krayt FWG5 pistol about 2 months before ADKs hit the market. It was insane in damage. I'd have paid MILLIONS to get that back.

There should never have been critical failures on repairs.

Shayde
Agent to the STARS!

Adios Whackjobs!

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
2 years 6 months ago #38515 by Temploiter
If there aren't broken weapons then its the same problem as having no gold/credit sinks. You eventually accumulate massive stockpiles of awesome weapons and at some point after release there is no point in a new player to become a crafter, or for crafters to continue being crafters (except to craft repair kits).

Stuff has to break.

Temploiter

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 years 6 months ago #38519 by Kazara
I agree Temp, stuff had to decay and break sooner or later. Many players used their prized weapons for special occasions only and used other very good weapons in general combat activities. As long as there were great enhancements to be had, and a solid damage slice to be done, there would be always more great weapons available. What I really was disgusted with was the legendary weapons that did extreme damage with insane DoTs (which I feel had stats were way out of line for SWG) that players put ADKs on. Usually these weapons had a low durability so sooner or later they had to "break" and be removed from the game, but no more with ADKs. Talk about a permanent combat imbalance.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
2 years 6 months ago #38520 by Temploiter
Yes, a nice Mind Fire Geonossian Stun Pistol was a favorite of a Pistoleer/BH friend of mind for destroying Mind in seconds. Eyeshot + Mind Fire + Stun Dmg nobody could resist (effectively).

Temploiter

• Shayde
  • Ex-Agent to the Stars.
More
2 years 6 months ago #38523 by Shayde
Shayde replied the topic: SWGEmu: Of ADKs and Player Numbers
Thus my point. That FWG5 was irreplaceable. It was a perfect storm of insane Krayt drop mats, insane resources that never respawnned, a crafter with millions in tapes, blind luck and an unbelievable slice. There was no equal. There was nothing close. He even made it by hand, there was no schematic.

I can understand the idea that most weapons/armor/etc needs to wear down, but there should be a floor. There should be a minimum durability before it needs repair again much like a classic car.

When that FWG5 died, it was a fucking tragedy. I literally would have been happier if I lost my fortune, all my other possessions, everything else. I quit combat for months over it.

When I finally found one similar (200 points damage lower) I jammed an ADK on it.

Shayde
Agent to the STARS!

Adios Whackjobs!

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 years 6 months ago #38525 by Kazara

Temploiter wrote: Yes, a nice Mind Fire Geonossian Stun Pistol was a favorite of a Pistoleer/BH friend of mind for destroying Mind in seconds. Eyeshot + Mind Fire + Stun Dmg nobody could resist (effectively).

There were a few weapons of legend on Intrepid. I remember a legendary dagger that had a mind poison with a mind boggling DOT tick. I also remember the discussions about it in the Intrepid forum. Maybe Shayde can recall a few of these legendary weapons. I never ran across any myself, but I crafted much more than battled.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 120 guests and no members online