Topic-icon SWG Bloodfin Emu: It's Alive!

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 years 3 months ago #38497 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: SWG Bloodfin Emu: It's Alive!
With the noticed dip in SWGEmu, I had started to do a little digging about other servers, and the Bloodfin Emu came up. I found the site:

www.bloodfin.net/forum/forum.php

It is touting itself to be the most advanced SWG emulator platform available and has re-opened forum registration. This emulator does have Jedi available for players. The server has undergone a recent wipe and players are being allowed 15x XP for the next nine days. I cannot attest to the stability of this emulator, but with DE and Jedi working, I can now understand why some SWGEmu players may have decided to check it out and start again.

I just wanted to let you know that Bloodfin Emu is using the SWGEmu core 3 engine.

www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159544

Public Engine3 without time restrictions

In an attempt to prevent further fragmentation of SWG community and to ensure that everything is free and available to everyone, SWGEmu is ready to remove any time restrictions from our Engine3 for all those that go open source and make all their stuff available to any and all SWG Emulator communities. Further more we are changing the license of Core3 to AGPL as well, which in turn will force everyone using our code to either go open source or stop using our code.

We are already in the process of setting things up, more details on how to apply and obtain time restrictions free Engine3 will be posted in following weeks.

We are all here because we love this game, so lets make SWG happen, together. Free SWG for everyone, everywhere.

DISCLAIMER: Core3 license is likely to change after 1.0 open-source release.

~ The SWGEmu Staff

While this may revitalize some other SWG emulator communities, my fear is it will also dilute communities. Open sourcing will allow shared development, and I certainly hope SWGEmu receives happy returns on this.

Are any of you thinking of trying out SWG Bloodfin Emu?

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” ― George Orwell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
2 years 3 months ago #38500 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: SWG Bloodfin Emu: It's Alive!
I am not, but I am now thinking that the Jedi-Free Tarkin server may be a GO!

Nope, it won't, they are closing: forums.tarkin.org/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F3846-tarkin-sunset-542015%2F

Will I be able to find a Jedi-free community?

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 years 3 months ago #38502 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: SWG Bloodfin Emu: It's Alive!

Temploiter wrote: I am not, but I am now thinking that the Jedi-Free Tarkin server may be a GO!

Nope, it won't, they are closing: forums.tarkin.org/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F3846-tarkin-sunset-542015%2F

Will I be able to find a Jedi-free community?

This is my concern as well Temploiter. Will there be enough players interested in a non-Jedi server to make a viable community?

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” ― George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 45 guests and no members online