• Temploiter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
1 year 3 months ago #39880 by Temploiter
Temploiter created the topic: SWG Awakening
swgawakening.com/portal.php

Had a guild member tell me about this last night. He said the community is very active w/ a 10K pop limit on the server. They are very cagey about what their source of code is, it is not (or not solely) SWGemu. All features besides JTL are turned on and a few changes have been made. To counter rampant Jedi-ism they have made the path to Jedi somewhat random, including at character creation. They have also given Bounty Hunters some innate LS damage resistance to make Player Bounties on Jedi more feasible.

They have modified the rules on Player Cities to accommodate the MUCH larger player population per server.

I have not been able to find, yet, how many characters per account. I hope it is only one.

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #39885 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: SWG Awakening
Hmmmm....this sounds very interesting Temp! It sounds like SWG Pre-CU that has had the better elements of CU/NGE added. This version really appeals to me. Alas, it also allows each account to have 10 characters and two can be on line at any given time. This was a downfall for SWGEmu Basilisk IMHO.

So who here is going to give this version a whirl?

If the Democrats didn't have double standards, they'd have none at all.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
1 year 3 months ago #39888 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: SWG Awakening
I probably will, given a long-lost guildie is playing it. Not sure when, I'm in the middle of a move.

Temploiter

More
1 year 3 months ago #39904 by Kazara
I rolled an artisan toon. The only destination you can go to after character creation is Bestine. I bought a ticket and went to Theed, which doesn't have the number of players Basilisk does. I checked the bazaar and there were a few things for sale. I did a vendor galaxy search and there plenty of crafted items and loots. The economy seems healthier than Basilisk where crafted items are more expensive, so some folks will get a 17k credit sticker shock compared to those at half that price on Basilisk.

The path to Jedi is an arduous one and the devs have made it harder to become force sensitive.

"It is not the same dogmatic systems you are used to such as the hologrind, or the the village unlock. A lot of players will follow these paths to their conclusions and find no reward at the end. There are many elements involved other than just professions and badges. You are welcome to get every badge and grind out 30+ professions. I just want you to know our unlock system is more involved than that, and it is not the same for everyone."

The is a gag order on the forums when it comes to posting how you became force sensitive. There will be no hints allowed outside what they have posted on the profession board.

There are enhancement terminals that have been set up to allow you to get basic doctor and mind buffs at low cost. This does not rival the superior buffs Master Doctors and Master Dancers/Musicians give but will help when there is no-one around to offer these services (especially when you are starting out).

The seemingly low population is my main concern. I am going to go into the resource business yo make some credits and allow me to judge this server better. Until then, I don't want to go back to profession grinding if it will become pointless in the end.

The parts of the NGE added are vehicle schematics, housing schematics, special housing (such as the Mustafarian bunker house and the sandcrawler house) and the added furniture movement (yaw, pitch and roll). The schematics will be loot drops from high end MOBs and special events.

More
1 year 3 months ago #39905 by Kazara
I wanted to add that there can be some serious lag. Tonight seems especially bad. Also dealing with disconnects.

More info - Jedi cannot AFK grind. I haven't seen players AFK grind on any NPCs or critters around NPC cities which makes me wonder if the combat AFK grind is a no - no as well.

From what I understand, players cannot camp caves, dungeons and possible high end NPCs. On Basilisk, the camping was beyond ridiculous. The Genosian Cave was a prime example of over-camping by the players and nothing was done about it.

I will be moving onto Cnet after my survey grind. Theed is dead. If Cnet is poorly populated, I might just hang it up.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
1 year 3 months ago #39914 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: SWG Awakening
Where are people on the forums saying that they hang out?

Temploiter

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #39917 by Kazara
Cnet is still is the NPC hub from what I can tell. I monitored the auction channel and there are active player cities that have buff bots and Doctors available for players. This server has been up for months and I would have thought more people would be running around Theed, but Hubby told me that there is something like 21 SWG emulators, so unfortunately, the SWG playerbase seems to be spread out quite a bit.

I really don't want to go back to Basilisk because of the crappy economy and the insane camping on anything that drops a decent loot. I will give Awakening a chance. In global chat, there seems to be quite a few new players asking questions, so maybe the population will improve.

Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Kazara.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Fringers Online

We have 49 guests and no members online