• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
9 months 1 week ago #42074 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Returning to SWGEmu
Almost a year to the day, I have returned to the SWGEmu. The reason I left was not only due to the demands moving was making on me at the time, but ALL my vendors went *poof*, and some had some very valuable items which was discouraging. I thought it was a good to take a break at that time.

All our structures are intact. I have to adjust to the changes. Hubby had brought up one disappointing change in game.....many of our resources that were top tier were nerfed when some of the resource hardcaps were raised on some stats. He wasn't sure exactly why this was done, but he suspected that this was done to make the crafting portion of the game more competitive to vets and new comers alike. Once I get settled, I guess I will be having a resource fire sale. :pinch:

I perused through the galactic bazaar and I could tell the playerbase is smaller. There are still the scammers trying to sell common items for much more then they are really worth. I just don't see many true SWG noobs coming into the Emu for scammers to prey upon.

We have every crafter there is, but we are not going to be in the crafting game anymore other than to make our own stuff. I just don't see the the economy healthy enough to truly enjoy crafting and selling. I ran across a vendor selling crates of molecular clamps (qty 100) for just 5k. Each clamp uses 90 units of resources.....where is the fun in competing against that? I will have an everything vendor to sell resources and miscellaneous items I come across.

If any of you have been playing, please let me know if there are other recent changes I should be aware of.

If the Democrats didn't have double standards, they'd have none at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kazara
  • Away
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
9 months 1 week ago #42075 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Returning to SWGEmu
I did a run to to Theed. The cantina has only a fraction of the entertainers there used to be last year. There were some characters running around by the starport.

I flew into C-net. Only one spammer (a merchant droid) out front of the starport. The cantina didn't have much more in the way of entertainers than Theed did. I did notice that there was an entertainer droid in operation.

I believe there must be just too many iterations of SWG emulators running that has thinned out the playerbase. The player economy used to be my #1 objective in SWG, but now I have entirely given up on that feature. I will just focus on completing many quests that have been added to the game for now. As much as I didn't care for Jedi in SWG, I almost welcome the addition of the Jedi content to this game, especially given the near dead status of the EMU right now. :(

So far, my computer has locked up twice while playing. Ugh.

• Kazara
  • Away
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #42122 by Kazara
Ugh. Another change that the Emu devs did, which even Raph Koster denounced back in the day. Solo grouping mission payouts was nerfed. You were once able to join a group of up to 20 players and go do your own thing (not in proximity of other group members) and get a full payout. Not anymore. Now I understand why the Cantina crowds are a lot smaller - ents are no longer needed to hold huge groups together. :(

There were mechanics back in SWG that most players new were bad design decisions or really not intended, but the devs are just too determined to make this a true mirror of 14.1. The truth is that the SWGEmu server has a poor population and the player economy is horrible. Making changes that punishes an already limited player population is not a smart move.

I am not sure how long I will last playing the Emu this time. :(

Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Kazara.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
9 months 1 week ago #42126 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: Returning to SWGEmu
I probably won't pick it up again until it is finished. Having multiple characters ruins the economy, and the economy is the backbone of that game.

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

• SirMarty
  • Wont Go Away
  • Wont Go Away
  • Gaming Legend
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #44305 by SirMarty
SirMarty replied the topic: Returning to SWGEmu
I was thinking of buying SWG on Amazon to play the emu. Never got to play it back in the day--I was still really young. Guess I shouldn't after all, amirite?

How many cats could a catscan scan if a catscan could scan cats?

• Kazara
  • Away
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #44306 by Kazara
I actually recommend you to get the discs...you'll need them. SWGEmu will give you a great taste of the game Pre-CU - - the game has really been well developed thus far. The only issue is that the Emu devs test with 10 characters per account (2+ accounts per IP) and it has killed the social inter-dependency which was the heart of the social aspect of the game originally.

Remember that there other versions now available - - try them out.
;)

Time to create page: 0.765 seconds

Fringers Online

We have 355 guests and one member online

• Kazara

Joomla! Debug Console

Session

Profile Information

Memory Usage

Database Queries