Topic-icon Star Wars Galaxies : EMU Team Looking for Volunteers

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 year 4 months ago #42410 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Star Wars Galaxies : EMU Team Looking for Volunteers
OMG!!!This was posted as front page news on mmorpg.com! It wasn't that long ago that mmorpg.com would threaten you with the ban hammer if you brought up the Emu. I am guessing that since its $OE overlords are long gone, and the site is a shadow of what it once was (just think how many anti-NGE/anti-$OE members left the site or were perma-banned), that SWGEmu talk will bring some gamers back....and it just might.

www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm?read=40819&val=1&uh=8B95791EE5713784D11FE52F2BD0297C

Snippet -

The Star Wars Galaxies EMU team is looking for a few good folks to keep the project up and running. These are volunteer positions mainly based in the community and support branches of the team. The blog post details some of the requirements, or considerations, for applying for the job so head over and see if you qualify!

Join Staff - SWGEmu EC/CSR/Support training program

Greetings SWGEmu Community!

As a volunteer project, SWGEmu is constantly looking for new community members to step up and assist and support the community. If you are interested in taking on the responsibility of an SWGEmu Staff member to further our goals, we encourage you to take the time to apply for our SWGEmu EC/CSR/Support training program.

The SWGEmu EC/CSR/Support training program is designed to introduce community members to different aspects of the duties and responsibilities of the SWGEmu Staff, while giving them a chance to develop a close relationship and eventually join the SWGEmu Staff team.

The following are the minimal requirements to be accepted into to this program:

Professionalism
Excellent work ethic
Positive attitude
Ability to work and learn in a team environment
Sufficient free time
Knowledge of the SWGEmu Project is required

Program Details

Apply to the SWGEmu EC/CSR/Support training program by submitting an application (see below).
After reviewing the application, an interview may be offered to accept or decline the volunteer.
Once accepted for SWGEmu EC/CSR/Support training program, the volunteer will be mentored by a member of the SWGEmu Staff for a period of 2 months.
During these 2 months, the intern will assist in IRC, on forums and on Live support.
After the SWGEmu EC/CSR/Support training period has ended, an evaluation will be completed by the SWGEmu Staff to determine if the SWGEmu EC/CSR/Support trainee has met all duties and expectations expected of them.
The trainee may then remain as a support assistant or apply for an available position in the SWGEmu Staff.
If accepted, an apprenticeship period of 4-8 weeks will begin and the apprenticeship will work closely with the staff member of the department they applied for.
At the end of the apprenticeship, another evaluation will be completed to determine if the intern would be a good fit for the chosen SWGEmu Staff department.
If accepted, the apprentice will be offered the opportunity to join the SWGEmu Staff as a full-time member.
The new SWGEmu Staff member will perform their department's duties as well as continue assisting with Support.

Upon completion of the internship period, the following positions may be applied to for apprenticeship:

Support Staff (Customer Support Representative)
Event Coordinator
Community Relations (Forum Moderator)

We are very excited to be offering this program to our community. It is our hope that it will bring forward community members that want to help SWGEmu succeed and provide our Community with the best experience possible.

Submitting Your Application

Please complete the application below and email it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with 'SWGEmu Internship Application' as the title and the application attached. If you are selected to participate, we will contact you by email informing you of such and provide information about the next step in the process.

What is your forum account name?

What is your in-game character name?

What is your IRC nickname?

What is your age?

What is your profession in real life? If you are a student, what are you studying?

What time zone do you live in? What times/days of the week will you usually be available to spend time assisting in Live Support?

Do you know any current or former staff members? If so, how?

How long have you been following this project?

Why do you want to become a member of the SWGEmu EC/CSR/Support training program?

Please write a short paragraph detailing what Pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies means to you.

If you are accepted into the SWGEmu EC/CSR/Support training program and are looking at applying for a SWGEmu Staff position, what position would you apply for and why?

~The SWGEmu Staff

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #42441 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Star Wars Galaxies : EMU Team Looking for Volunteers
Good luck finding qualified volunteers. The truth is that the arrogant devs there make decisions that have driven off regular players and has made the SWGEmu a virtual ghost town. It doesn't help that there are many iterations of the game that many players find more appealing online.

This is not to belittle the great strides that have been made in the Emu over the years.

Nerfing the group XP and group mission payouts to be more like publish 14.1 is a prime example of this. Even back in the day Koster himself knew it was a bad decision and Emu players weren't fond of it either, but the devs went full steam ahead in the quest of mirroring 14.1, even with bad decisions and implemented mechanics EVERYONE knew back then were bad.

ADKs that were not account bound was another bad decision. How many ghost accounts will be popping out these puppies on the Emu at a regular rate? I've already read stories that there have been quite a few for sale. The vet rewards have been suspended for a bit since last publish, but they will be back, and I am sure we will have many players totally decked out with ADKs.

Changing little things that didn't hurt the game but the players enjoyed, like removing the ability to color the names of crafted goods wasn't an endearing move. With all the bugs in the game, you made a point to remove this.

Earlier on, the team was asked to try the PvP flagging system SWG used to have, but it was vetoed. I really think the team should have tried this on the test server. This alone may have retained or even gained more players.

The ten character limit hurt the in-game economy badly, and now with so fewer players left, I am not sure anything can be done at this point.

My question to the Emu dev teams is this: What can you do that will encourage vet Emu players to return to the game? Are you just waiting until you can drop the Jedi content into the game?

I'll even dare to answer - - Space (Jump to Lightspeed) is the biggest thing that can be added that will have players swarm back. Work on this even before the Jedi nonsense IMHO.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Kazara.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
1 year 4 months ago #42444 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: Star Wars Galaxies : EMU Team Looking for Volunteers
Yes, fuck Jedi, and fuck multiple characters per account EXCEPT on Test Center.

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 year 4 months ago #42445 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Star Wars Galaxies : EMU Team Looking for Volunteers
How I agree with you! The 10 character limit should have definitely been a test center incentive. The Basilisk server should never have allowed more than 3 or 4 characters IMHO.

I don't know....it has taken so many years for the Emu to get to the point it is at. In some ways, I wish the devs could have made design corrections and game improvements in more recent years to help the Emu retain and attract more players.

For instance, pets were seriously nerfed in early 2004 for a combat revamp that never happened. Why not remedy that?

“I am the storm”

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
1 year 4 months ago #42449 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: Star Wars Galaxies : EMU Team Looking for Volunteers
1 char per account, IMO!

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

You are not logged in.

Fringers Online

We have 50 guests and no members online

Login