Topic-icon Star Wars Galaxies players can ‘come home’ to a new NGE emulator

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #43938 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Star Wars Galaxies players can ‘come home’ to a new NGE emulator
massivelyop.com/2016/11/28/star-wars-galaxies-players-can-come-home-to-a-new-nge-emulator/

Snippet -

The underground rebels of the Star Wars Galaxies community continue to fight to keep the MMO alive any way that they can. One group called Stella Bellum is doing its part by opening up a new emu server and inviting former SWG players to “come home” to their favorite playground.

The Stella Bellum emulator project is going live on December 16th and is focused on bringing back the NGE (New Game Enhancements) version of the game that was running before SOE shut it down a half-decade ago.

Racist: [rey-sist] noun; 1. Someone who wins an argument against a Liberal. 2. Anyone who doesn't completely share Liberal ideology.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #43939 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: Star Wars Galaxies players can ‘come home’ to a new NGE emulator
Pass.

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #43941 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Star Wars Galaxies players can ‘come home’ to a new NGE emulator

Temploiter wrote: Pass.

LOL! I agree.

I do think that the people who still play SWTOR (I can't imagine how people still play that re-grinder over and over) might find the NGE emulator more interesting. If 'Jump to Lightspeed' is included, there certainly will be much more interest.

Racist: [rey-sist] noun; 1. Someone who wins an argument against a Liberal. 2. Anyone who doesn't completely share Liberal ideology.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #43944 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: Star Wars Galaxies players can ‘come home’ to a new NGE emulator
In 2007 (I think it was) I went back to SWG and NGE was the live game at the time. It was the first time returning since leaving for World of Warcraft Beta in late summer of 2004. I persuaded most of my guild to come back too, just for some fun. We played for 2 or 3 months and enjoyed it. It was much more grindy than the old SWG (if you can imagine) because to get good gear you had to complete these ridiculous collections which entailed killing spawns of meatlumps for days (so I macro'd it). Crafters could still make some decent weapons, but only decent. The storyteller feature was pretty awesome, and the Restus battlefield was also a very nice addition. However, the Jedi Jedi Jedi everywhere, the horrifying amount of Prequel crap thrown up all over the place as tie-ins really shot the mood of the place. Overall, I'm glad I went back - rekindled some old friendships and got to see the place before they tore it down, but that's about it. No desire to see NGE again.

Oh, also... combat Dancers were a sight to see, LOL.

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 54 guests and no members online