• Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
3 weeks 5 days ago #47426 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Dolby Vision finally coming to Sony 4K TVs
sonyreconsidered.com/dolby-vision-finally-coming-to-sony-4k-tvs-4eefb612ebbd

Snippet -

here are a lot of writers who abuse the word ‘finally’ when writing about tech. The reality however is that in the modern world of firmware updates and OS changes, delays happen and I’d rather take a fully baked Xperia phone or Android TV than a bricked one due to a rushed firmware update.

But in the case of Sony, though I’m conservative with my usage of finally, I sadly have to use it more of than I should have to. In this case, alongside their stellar lineup of 4K HDR TVs at CES 2017, Sony also announced the availability of Dolby Vision at a later date.

Now, CES 2018 is less than one month away and there’s still no Dolby Vision. What gives? Who knows, apparently, as Sony has given little insight on it, other than that the update is coming soon. John Archer writes in for Forbes:

"I finally got to see Dolby Vision running (and looking gorgeous) on a Sony A1 OLED TV a couple of weeks ago, and was promised that more information would be revealed before the end of December. And Sony has just lived up to that promise by telling me that the Dolby Vision firmware update will start to roll out to compatible Sony TVs from… mid to late January, 2018.

The update is set to hit the US first, before starting to roll out to sets in Europe at the end of January. Though Sony says it could be well into February before the roll out has been completed."

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: suske
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

You are not logged in.

Fringers Online

We have 126 guests and no members online

Login