Topic-icon Vent Server?

More
5 years 6 months ago #19668 by TUX426
TUX426 replied the topic: Re: Vent Server?

kefkah wrote: I had thought of doing a vent server about a year ago but the feedback was at the time that maybe one or two people would use it.

At Pax, a notable vent server commpany wanted to work a deal with us. I never got back to him though the guy had some awesome perspectives on mmos and the industry.

Heck, if someone offers up service for the Fringe, I'll switch from my current Vent company to them. I have a small 10 person server at the moment, but I had planned on bumping it up for SWTOR. I'd rather support any company that supports us here than the random one Google came up with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• suske
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • bananas!
More
5 years 6 months ago #19671 by suske
suske replied the topic: Re: Vent Server?

Kazara wrote:

Wildcat84 wrote:

kefkah wrote: I had thought of doing a vent server about a year ago but the feedback was at the time that maybe one or two people would use it.

At Pax, a notable vent server commpany wanted to work a deal with us. I never got back to him though the guy had some awesome perspectives on mmos and the industry.

And a company like that is a great prospect for a sponsor. Since they sell services to MMO gamers but aren't themselves a publisher.

I totally agree Wildcat. If we could get free services (and even some $$$) for advertising, that would work well for those interested. :)

a great idea guys. i second this. anything that lets our little site grow and reach more people...

• Wildcat84
  • Member of the Cabal
More
5 years 6 months ago #19675 by Wildcat84
Wildcat84 replied the topic: Re: Vent Server?
Good responses in this thread... I am not at all against finding sponsors or doing advertising, as long as we stay away from directly dealing with publishers (ie: anyone who produces games). Going for sponsorships from those who provide services for gamers, vent/TS hosting, guild website hosting, killboards, and other such things would be great, as those companies want to reach MMO gamers, but don't present an editorial conflict for what is posted here.

SWTOR: Helm of Graush. Flurry United <FU>
Wildcat, Jedi Sage (50)
Wildkat, Jedi Shadow (50)

Past games: SWG, EVE, STO, LOTRO, DDO, EQ2

More
5 years 6 months ago #19681 by TUX426
TUX426 replied the topic: Re: Vent Server?

Wildcat84 wrote: Going for sponsorships from those who provide services for gamers, vent/TS hosting, guild website hosting, killboards, and other such things would be great, as those companies want to reach MMO gamers, but don't present an editorial conflict for what is posted here.

Exactly! VoIP services are the PERFECT partner IMO. No conflicts with our opinions and we're BOTH targeting the exact same crowd.

Time to create page: 0.817 seconds

Fringers Online

We have 267 guests and no members online