Topic-icon What's wrong with the site??

• SirMarty
  • SirMarty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wont Go Away
  • Wont Go Away
  • Gaming Legend
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #44284 by SirMarty
SirMarty created the topic: What's wrong with the site??
Hey guys, I hope you remember me! I've been gone for around a year, but I lurk here and there.

First of all, what's wrong with the site?! I can't edit my preferences to change my name, email or password? I can't post in the shoutbox either.

On an unrelated note, I was unfairly and harshly banned from the SWTOR forums almost 4 years ago. I contacted a higher-up in EAware a few months back and he might unban me this week or next week, so fingers crossed. I might come back to the game since nothing else has really been interesting these past couple of years. TUXs is the guy that referred me to this forum when I first got banned there, and I think he still plays. He was one of the few forum critics who weren't banned when the forums were still stuffed with Biodrones.

Also, I sent you a PM Kazara. I hope you can read it.

Anyway, I hope you guys can get these forums fixed.

How many cats could a catscan scan if a catscan could scan cats?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #44291 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: What's wrong with the site??
Hi SirMarty! I see I have a PM alert, but I cannot access the message. It says there is nothing there although it does show in my list of messages.

Yeah, the forum software we are currently using leaves a lot to be desired and it can be quite touchy when trying to make changes. kefkah is thinking about archiving this site and making a new one which would allow for much better forum software to be used. There really is not much else he can do here without erasing all our past posts.

Racist: [rey-sist] noun; 1. Someone who wins an argument against a Liberal. 2. Anyone who doesn't completely share Liberal ideology.

• SirMarty
  • SirMarty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wont Go Away
  • Wont Go Away
  • Gaming Legend
More
8 months 1 week ago #44301 by SirMarty
SirMarty replied the topic: What's wrong with the site??

Kazara wrote: Hi SirMarty! I see I have a PM alert, but I cannot access the message. It says there is nothing there although it does show in my list of messages.

Yeah, the forum software we are currently using leaves a lot to be desired and it can be quite touchy when trying to make changes. kefkah is thinking about archiving this site and making a new one which would allow for much better forum software to be used. There really is not much else he can do here without erasing all our past posts.

Ah. I was wondering if you could change my forum username to Talonstrike, if that's ok with you. I want my social media accounts to reflect similar if not the same username. I am retiring this one. :pinch:

If he simply can't change the software, I guess the next best thing would be to archive and migrate. That would be the next best thing. At least all these threads and stuff wouldn't be deleted--that would be a shame.

How many cats could a catscan scan if a catscan could scan cats?

More
8 months 1 week ago - 8 months 1 week ago #44307 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: What's wrong with the site??
The last update change to this software really wrecked this site, I wouldn't dare try to moderate you account. kefkah is the one & only admin that has the best chance of not screwing up your account changes. I can't even access your or anyone's pm's to me. I would suggest you post your request in section 29, members only access (private). Maybe kef can help more....

Let's see where his decisions go -

Kaz

Racist: [rey-sist] noun; 1. Someone who wins an argument against a Liberal. 2. Anyone who doesn't completely share Liberal ideology.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Kazara.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 238 guests and no members online