Topic-icon What's wrong with the site??

• SirMarty
  • SirMarty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wont Go Away
  • Wont Go Away
  • Gaming Legend
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #44284 by SirMarty
SirMarty created the topic: What's wrong with the site??
Hey guys, I hope you remember me! I've been gone for around a year, but I lurk here and there.

First of all, what's wrong with the site?! I can't edit my preferences to change my name, email or password? I can't post in the shoutbox either.

On an unrelated note, I was unfairly and harshly banned from the SWTOR forums almost 4 years ago. I contacted a higher-up in EAware a few months back and he might unban me this week or next week, so fingers crossed. I might come back to the game since nothing else has really been interesting these past couple of years. TUXs is the guy that referred me to this forum when I first got banned there, and I think he still plays. He was one of the few forum critics who weren't banned when the forums were still stuffed with Biodrones.

Also, I sent you a PM Kazara. I hope you can read it.

Anyway, I hope you guys can get these forums fixed.

How many cats could a catscan scan if a catscan could scan cats?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #44291 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: What's wrong with the site??
Hi SirMarty! I see I have a PM alert, but I cannot access the message. It says there is nothing there although it does show in my list of messages.

Yeah, the forum software we are currently using leaves a lot to be desired and it can be quite touchy when trying to make changes. kefkah is thinking about archiving this site and making a new one which would allow for much better forum software to be used. There really is not much else he can do here without erasing all our past posts.

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” ― George Orwell

• SirMarty
  • SirMarty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wont Go Away
  • Wont Go Away
  • Gaming Legend
More
6 months 1 week ago #44301 by SirMarty
SirMarty replied the topic: What's wrong with the site??

Kazara wrote: Hi SirMarty! I see I have a PM alert, but I cannot access the message. It says there is nothing there although it does show in my list of messages.

Yeah, the forum software we are currently using leaves a lot to be desired and it can be quite touchy when trying to make changes. kefkah is thinking about archiving this site and making a new one which would allow for much better forum software to be used. There really is not much else he can do here without erasing all our past posts.

Ah. I was wondering if you could change my forum username to Talonstrike, if that's ok with you. I want my social media accounts to reflect similar if not the same username. I am retiring this one. :pinch:

If he simply can't change the software, I guess the next best thing would be to archive and migrate. That would be the next best thing. At least all these threads and stuff wouldn't be deleted--that would be a shame.

How many cats could a catscan scan if a catscan could scan cats?

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #44307 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: What's wrong with the site??
The last update change to this software really wrecked this site, I wouldn't dare try to moderate you account. kefkah is the one & only admin that has the best chance of not screwing up your account changes. I can't even access your or anyone's pm's to me. I would suggest you post your request in section 29, members only access (private). Maybe kef can help more....

Let's see where his decisions go -

Kaz

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” ― George Orwell
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Kazara.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 101 guests and no members online