6 years 5 months ago #4479 by kefkah
kefkah replied the topic: Re: DCUO: Bugs, Cheats and PVP Hacks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Wildcat84
  • Member of the Cabal
More
6 years 5 months ago #4482 by Wildcat84
Wildcat84 replied the topic: Re: DCUO: Bugs, Cheats and PVP Hacks
From all the descriptions of this I am convinced that this exploit is a DIRECT result of them handing off timing and combat result to the client side in an effort to avoid the suicide lag The NGE Game's version 1.1 of the NGE combat engine creates in PVP with DCUO's 2.0 version.

SWTOR: Helm of Graush. Flurry United <FU>
Wildcat, Jedi Sage (50)
Wildkat, Jedi Shadow (50)

Past games: SWG, EVE, STO, LOTRO, DDO, EQ2

More
6 years 5 months ago #4485 by daffid011
daffid011 replied the topic: Re: DCUO: Bugs, Cheats and PVP Hacks
Listening to what RadarX said doesn't inspire confidence in their solution.

Working as intended... heard that way to many times.
Bugs are causing the problem, not the game mechanics as players have proven over and over.
Applying a damage penalty is a bandaid fix to the problem. I'd bet almost anything that this exact change causes scaling problems one way or another in the near future.
The problem is that certain abilities can have their cooldowns removed by canceling the animation, because that is exactly what animations are, global cooldowns.

Once they get around to "testing" and approving it, they will come out with a date to expect the patch for it. Sorry, but that is already several months to late.

This is a huge reason NOT to make mmos like this for consoles.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #4933 by TUX426
TUX426 replied the topic: Re: DCUO: Bugs, Cheats and PVP Hacks

A new youtube video from the Feb "patch". Ice Bash Bug.

Originally posted by maskedweasel on mmorpg.

edit to add a 2nd video:

Video here
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by TUX426.

More
6 years 4 months ago #4934 by daffid011
daffid011 replied the topic: Re: DCUO: Bugs, Cheats and PVP Hacks
DCU is so poorly coded that players are take damage from attacks... AFTER they have respawned. So a player gets knocked out from an attack. Respawns some seconds later and the dot from that attack that killed them starts ticking again and in some cases can kill them... again.

So delaying the patch a couple of weeks didn't give the devs the time they needed "to get things right" as they claimed.

Just like pushing the games release back 2 months didn't give them time to polish the game like they claimed.

This is what happens when a game needs to much work, has no formal testing process or player input, has almost zero developer interaction/feedback to the player base. Gamebreaking exploits and bugs will be a longstanding part of this games history. Balance is going to swing wildly from one extreme to another as the developers take guesses at how to fix things and this will have a net effect of slowing down real content.

This is just how soe runs their games. They don't listen to players, they don't understand the impact of their actions or inactions, they react far far to late and when they do react it tends to just amplify problems or create new ones.

It will be impressive if DCU survives the first year with any decent sized population, some sort of "combat revamp" redesign to the game or a price model switch. Most likely all three.

More
6 years 4 months ago #4939 by TUX426
TUX426 replied the topic: Re: DCUO: Bugs, Cheats and PVP Hacks

daffid011 wrote: This is just how soe runs their games. They don't listen to players, they don't understand the impact of their actions or inactions, they react far far to late and when they do react it tends to just amplify problems or create new ones.

It will be impressive if DCU survives the first year with any decent sized population, some sort of "combat revamp" redesign to the game or a price model switch. Most likely all three.

Great reply daffid011, very well said, but that red part is EXACTLY why SoE is doomed to eternal failure. They might even be able to get away with being slow to react, but their inability to understand (accept?) the "big picture" (actions/inaction) comes from the top down and is the heart of their problems.

I have to wonder what goes on in their meetings...I have this mental image of all the employees talking as Smed drives up, and all of them agreeing to just be positive and spin it all. I don't think there's one person in their office with the balls to speak up and be honest with Smed.

In my own dealings with him, he's a dick. He's an obvious hot head with a propensity to speak without thinking, which is why I think ALL SoE's problems and attitudes originate at the top.

• kefkah
  • kefkah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Foramu Otaku
  • Foramu Otaku
More
6 years 4 months ago #4954 by kefkah
kefkah replied the topic: Re: DCUO: Bugs, Cheats and PVP Hacks
MaskedWeasel responds to MMORGP.com article about PvP bugs being fixed.

www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/350/feature/5000/DC-Universe-Online-February-Update-Impressions.html

Sorry fellas, but I don't know where you're playing your PvP, but the exploits are as bad as ever. Theres a list growing of exploits that haven't been fixed, the ice bash one is just one of them, but their fix for cancelling doesn't seem to be working on all sets. For example, MA can still queue up shuriken attacks throwing roughly double. Rifle mortar attacks can be queued up and result in crits of over 1K. Legends has become incredibley imbalanced with the addition of catwoman and "rebalancing" of others powers. Harleys bomb is now more powerful than Banes Rock throw, and can be thrown almost immediately. Don't even get me started on Robin or Catwoman.

Couple that with other exploits, like the invisible bug that works pretty well, and the invulnerability bug which happens from time to time... the crazy reflect issues.. (not to mention it appears they nerfed mentals reflect to where it reflects almost no damage whereas Ice has been shot to all hell and single players are putting down entire teams) the nerfing of many build making powers.... as usual they release these huge patches and I don't think they even tried to test or balance them beforehand.

I should have known when I read over the patch notes and I read that they fixed various exploits with a side note of "you know which ones " should have hit home for me. I DO know which ones I'm talking about. SOE just isn't ACKNOWLEDGING the ones I'm talking about enough to tell me whether or not they'll be fixed by this patch. If they can't take the time to name the specific ones they are fixing, then its likely they aren't going to fix them.

This bandaid has really turned me off from playing the game entirely, and its really a shame that they can't even acknowledge what problems exist or give us some kind of known bugs list so we know that they know where the problems are and what they should be fixing.

• Wildcat84
  • Member of the Cabal
More
6 years 4 months ago #4955 by Wildcat84
Wildcat84 replied the topic: Re: DCUO: Bugs, Cheats and PVP Hacks
Nothing will change at SOE until management changes. They have been incredibly consistent in ignoring players, releasing buggy crap, doing unwanted revamps, and lacking ANY sense of urgency to deal with issues that if not dealt with urgently will lead to population (and revenue) collapse.

They don't learn from their mistakes because they think they don't make them. And why should they? No one has been fired over them!

SWTOR: Helm of Graush. Flurry United <FU>
Wildcat, Jedi Sage (50)
Wildkat, Jedi Shadow (50)

Past games: SWG, EVE, STO, LOTRO, DDO, EQ2

• ArcAngel3
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #4957 by ArcAngel3
ArcAngel3 replied the topic: Re: DCUO: Bugs, Cheats and PVP Hacks

kefkah wrote: MaskedWeasel responds to MMORGP.com article about PvP bugs being fixed.

www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/350/feature/5000/DC-Universe-Online-February-Update-Impressions.html

Sorry fellas, but I don't know where you're playing your PvP, but the exploits are as bad as ever. Theres a list growing of exploits that haven't been fixed, the ice bash one is just one of them, but their fix for cancelling doesn't seem to be working on all sets. For example, MA can still queue up shuriken attacks throwing roughly double. Rifle mortar attacks can be queued up and result in crits of over 1K. Legends has become incredibley imbalanced with the addition of catwoman and "rebalancing" of others powers. Harleys bomb is now more powerful than Banes Rock throw, and can be thrown almost immediately. Don't even get me started on Robin or Catwoman.

Couple that with other exploits, like the invisible bug that works pretty well, and the invulnerability bug which happens from time to time... the crazy reflect issues.. (not to mention it appears they nerfed mentals reflect to where it reflects almost no damage whereas Ice has been shot to all hell and single players are putting down entire teams) the nerfing of many build making powers.... as usual they release these huge patches and I don't think they even tried to test or balance them beforehand.

I should have known when I read over the patch notes and I read that they fixed various exploits with a side note of "you know which ones " should have hit home for me. I DO know which ones I'm talking about. SOE just isn't ACKNOWLEDGING the ones I'm talking about enough to tell me whether or not they'll be fixed by this patch. If they can't take the time to name the specific ones they are fixing, then its likely they aren't going to fix them.

This bandaid has really turned me off from playing the game entirely, and its really a shame that they can't even acknowledge what problems exist or give us some kind of known bugs list so we know that they know where the problems are and what they should be fixing.

Illuminating post.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 68 guests and one member online

• Kazara