Topic-icon DCUO: Steam users numbers thread

More
5 years 3 months ago #21881 by kefkah
And this is telling because those numbers should NOT decline until school comes back to session.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #21886 by TUX426

Kazara wrote: DCUO has declined to under 4k peak users. It shouldn't be much longer before the number dips below 3k as the game becomes more and more stale to the f2p crowd.

December 29, 2011 (12:07 pm EST) 3,301 3,618

Thank God Smed believes so deeply in his F2P commitment. Every other greedy corporation is doing it's best to make money, Smed is giving away EVERYTHING!!! EQ2, DCUO, Free Realms, CWA, Planetside2...the man is a marketing genius ;)

While other companies would see the dwindling subscribers as a reason to terminate the person who put the F2P model in place, Smedley forages forward with renewed and restated desires to make EVERYTHING F2P from now on. Throwing caution to the wild, he proudly declares that P2P is dead!!! In the face of over 1 million P2P subscribers to SWTOR, Smedley scoffs at them - declaring Bioware a dinosaur with it's silly "P2P" model and predicts it will be the LAST P2P game developed.

God I love that man...makes the MMO industry such a joy to follow :) I just wish the guy was a stock trader...because EVERYTHING he did, I'd do the opposite of and be RICH!

More
5 years 2 months ago #22053 by Kazara
January 4, 2012 (8:10 am EST) 1,727 3,334

Numbers continue to inch downward. STO will be going F2P in two days. it will be interesting to see if that has any impact on DCUO.

It is also interesting to note that Planetside 2 was to be released as a F2P game, BUT it will also be offering a subscription model after all, which which may seriously limit the F2P abilities.

More
5 years 1 month ago #23399 by Kazara
February 2, 2012 (9:19 am EST) 1,982 2,849

Steam peak player numbers have dipped below 3k. The decline has slowed, but it is a steady decline none the less.

More
5 years 1 month ago #23401 by TUX426

Kazara wrote: February 2, 2012 (9:19 am EST) 1,982 2,849

Steam peak player numbers have dipped below 3k. The decline has slowed, but it is a steady decline none the less.

I wonder how many of those people buy anything and how many just fly around having fun as a superhero.

More
4 years 10 months ago #26331 by Kazara
It seems that DCUO has hit a static population in the 2k range. How many are actually buying and/or subscribing is probably very low IMHO.

May 4, 2012 (8:39 EDST) 1,412 2,345

More
4 years 10 months ago #26335 by TUX426

Kazara wrote: It seems that DCUO has hit a static population in the 2k range. How many are actually buying and/or subscribing is probably very low IMHO.

May 4, 2012 (8:39 EDST) 1,412 2,345

2,000 Steam users, which is probably 10% of the population, so...20,000 users is about what I'd assume.

How many do you think pay anything? I'd guess 50%+

More
4 years 6 months ago #29331 by Kazara
It looks like other recent game launches have been chiseling away at the usual 2k+ player numbers.

September 9, 2012 (3:40 pm EDST Sunday) 1,045 1045.

I wonder what percentage of players players are actual subscribers?

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds

Fringers Online

We have 82 guests and one member online

• Temploiter