• Sm1tty Sm1t
  • Sm1tty Sm1t's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wont Go Away
  • Wont Go Away
More
5 years 4 months ago #28128 by Sm1tty Sm1t
Sm1tty Sm1t created the topic: Max Payne 3 Review

Max-Payne-3

In a world where it’s trendy to be “the good guy”, Max Payne is a bottom-feeder. Having brutally lost his wife and daughter, Max has plunged himself into alcoholism and drug-addiction to escape the realities of the world. No longer an officer of the law, Max finds himself drowning in local pubs to dull the pain that memory keeps from scarring over. To be frank, Max is a piece of shit; he lives in the gutter and breathes only to continue his addiction.

InMax Payne 3 he continues his descent into nothingness as he escapes his life by retreating to Brazil as a bodyguard only to again be plunged into a crossfire. This ‘escape’ to Brazil is forced as Max ends up in a firefight with the wrong people, killing the son of an important ‘businessman’ who is known for making people disappear, which begins the first of many plot questions: if Max is so self-destructive, why would he be concerned about repercussions from a barroom brawl gone awry?

Read more...

Host of the Xbox 360 Solocast
Gaming Journalist

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MMO_Doubter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • No evil shall escape my sight.
More
5 years 4 months ago #28133 by MMO_Doubter
MMO_Doubter replied the topic: Re: Max Payne 3 Review
Wow. For you to give it just 6.5, this must be a complete turd.

"I dont care about "gamers interest", only mine."
- Spathotan. Oct 2, 2011

• Shayde
  • Kitchen Staff Supervisor
  • Kitchen Staff Supervisor
  • Ex-Agent to the Stars.
More
5 years 4 months ago #28134 by Shayde
Shayde replied the topic: Re: Max Payne 3 Review
You never mentioned how bullettime works in multiplayer.

Or does it?

I wasn't convinced from the PAX demo.

Shayde
Agent to the STARS!

Adios Whackjobs!

• Sm1tty Sm1t
  • Sm1tty Sm1t's Avatar Topic Author
  • Wont Go Away
  • Wont Go Away
More
5 years 4 months ago #28138 by Sm1tty Sm1t
Sm1tty Sm1t replied the topic: Re: Max Payne 3 Review

MMO_Doubter wrote: Wow. For <strong><em>you </em></strong>to give it just 6.5, this must be a complete turd.

:) Doubter, I've reevaluated how I give scores based on your wonderful feedback. On a scale of 1-10, a 5 is always average. That's how I approach it now. Max Payne is above-average-to-good. The story made me question a LOT of things. Shooters typically have solid game play (and MP3 does) so the story is the real meat of the game...

Shayde, the bullet time in multiplayer works well. It basically puts those in line of sight into BT, so you'll come upon a player moving slow in some instances, while you can still move at normal speed.

Host of the Xbox 360 Solocast
Gaming Journalist

More
5 years 4 months ago #28184 by AcidBaron
AcidBaron replied the topic: Re: Max Payne 3 Review
Played it out on normal mode, as i generally rarely play with a gamepad.

There are a few grips with the game as with weapon swapping automatically to something else after the many cutscenes in the game.

Once i got used to all of it and playing with a gamepad again it was a smooth and fun game, the story element was fairly enjoyable and the game was challenging enough. Then ending left me wanting for more do have to say the further you progress in the game the more interested you become in finishing it, the start doesn't really swoop you of your feet and convince you to keep on going.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 29 guests and no members online