like it
1 20%
meh
2 40%
could be better
No votes 0%
awful
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 5 ( suske, Suvroc, daffid011, Allstar )
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • suske
  • suske's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • bananas!
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #29858 by suske
suske created the topic: World of Tanks: A Second Look

A REVIEW OF WORLD OF TANKS

Now that I have fough in over 10k of battles, I thought a second review of World of Tanks was in order. For those of you who don't know, World of tanks is a team based multi player utilizing antique fighting vehicles from several countries. It also uses a freemium business model which sometimes puts off certain gamers who are familiar with how other companies have handled the model in the past. Wargaming, however, seems to have implemented into their game better than most. One simply buys gold then convert it to premium time, gold shells and other perks. Premium time gets you XP and money faster without impacting other players. Gold shells do give more penetration but shot placement and tactics are still much more important. In all, this system allows players to maximize their playing time and not create huge imbalances in the overall game.

Since my last review, Wargamimg has implemented the 8.0 update which has really changed the game for the better as the physics really add a new layer off fun. Usually physics systems are just used as a cool toys in games that have minimal effect on gameplay but here its a important mechanism for navigating the map and close quarters combat. This adds a new layer of strategy to the game and provided a challenge to even the most skilled players.

Also with the 8.0 update, the game engine itself was been completely overhauled and makes good use of high end graphics cards as you can see clearly in the screenshots below.

shot 013

Read more...

well everyone has had a chance to try the game. lets see what everyone thinks.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by suske. Reason: poll

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• suske
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • bananas!
More
4 years 10 months ago #29870 by suske
suske replied the topic: Re: World of Tanks: A Second Look
feel free to chime in with your take on world of tanks. cant seem to make a poll here...

More
4 years 9 months ago #30134 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Re: World of Tanks: A Second Look

suske wrote: feel free to chime in with your take on world of tanks. cant seem to make a poll here...

Go to your initial post and try accessing the poll feature. Only the first post can allow a poll to be created. I went to edit it and it looks like it should work. Let me know.....

Racist: [rey-sist] noun; 1. Someone who wins an argument against a Liberal. 2. Anyone who doesn't completely share Liberal ideology.

• suske
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • bananas!
More
4 years 9 months ago #30141 by suske
suske replied the topic: Re: World of Tanks: A Second Look
bump for poll. lets hear what you think about the game.

More
4 years 9 months ago #30143 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Re: World of Tanks: A Second Look

suske wrote: bump for poll. lets hear what you think about the game.

Haven't played, let me see the results option. :P

Racist: [rey-sist] noun; 1. Someone who wins an argument against a Liberal. 2. Anyone who doesn't completely share Liberal ideology.

More
4 years 9 months ago #30144 by Suvroc
Suvroc replied the topic: Re: World of Tanks: A Second Look
I voted "meh". I was fine with the way WoT was before 8.0.

My initial reaction to 8.0 was not possitive but through perserverence I continued to play and things got much better for me when I realized I could use the old graphic settings. The new graphics just look too cartoony to me and everything looked like I was viewing the game through a soft focus lense. I found it really distracting.

As for the physics update I found it only mildly interesting. It is kind of cool to be able to go to areas that where otherwise inaccessable prior to this update. Powersliding and pushing other tanks is a good thing also. But now it's opened up a new can of worms as it gives people the option of suicideing into water or off cliffs to avoid a lost cause ending to the match, or griefing teammates by pushing them into the line of fire.

Lastly I'd have to say that the PUGs have not only gotten a little worse in terms of nastiness and rudeness but the quality of the matches seems to have declinded dramatically to. Far too often it seems that people don't bother to watch the mini-map and fill the holes defensively therefore leaving a gapping hole or sometimes people seemingly don't understand the role of their tank and how to work with other tanks.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 80 guests and no members online