Topic-icon Funcom reboots The Secret World as Secret World Legends

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
8 months 1 week ago #45323 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Funcom reboots The Secret World as Secret World Legends
Funcom reboots The Secret World as Secret World Legends, a 'shared-world action RPG'

Snippet -

Raise your hand if you felt trepidation as well as hope when Funcom announced during that last investor call that it was relaunching The Secret World? Fans have been yearning for more TSW conspiracy goodness and system improvements for so long. But the community has definitely feared the game changing away from what makes it so unique; the word "NGE" was bandied about more than once. What if we told you that it is but just different but a brand-new game all together -- that the relaunch is really more like a launch-launch?

Yep, Funcom is announcing this morning that it's rebooting The Secret World as Secret World Legends, basically a brand-new game with its MMORPG parts minimized. Whether that statement fills you with excitement or dread, keep reading for all the details we have, including the official FAQ.

Snippet bullets -

Here's what we know: All players, new ones and veterans alike, will have to make brand-new characters to play in this new game. I cannot emphasize this enough: SWL is not a continuation of TSW, but a whole new game that, for now, will be available only on Steam.

Here's an important fact about Secret World Legends that you are probably curious about: It is 100% free-to-play.

Sounds much like an NGE, but Funcom had to do something to save the failing game. I enjoyed it but as a buy-to-play non-subscriber, my XP was not enough to get me ready for the next area in the game without endless grinding (including repeating quests). That is why I quit after going through everything in the first/starter area. Had I known, I would have subscribed to begin with.

Going F2P probably means a more intrusive cash shop that will be needed to enjoy the game as originally intended. If a subscription will bypass much of this, then I just might try the game again.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
8 months 1 week ago #45390 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Funcom reboots The Secret World as Secret World Legends
Considering that TSW is joining Anarchy Online and Age of Conan on maintenance mode, it is apparent that Funcom has decided to get out of big MMORPG development. I think the trend is now the development on smaller scale F2P MMOs that are cheaper to develop with cash shops that rake in the cash. The type of MMORPGs that I prefer and enjoy are a thing of the past development-wise.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
7 months 4 weeks ago #45488 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Funcom reboots The Secret World as Secret World Legends

RANT - 6:12
Tribute to my character from my favourite MMO, The Secret World. The game will be relaunched as “Secret World Legends”. The previous version will still be playable, but will no longer receive support or future content. I believe my choice of the word “losing” is right for a game that spontaneously has no future. Whether that counts is subjective.

I did not apply for the BETA, but little birdies have told me about the new version and how drastic it will be changed. Armed with information about what to expect – I wanted to include things to make me look back and go “oh yeah, breaching shot used to give penetration chance”. Along with other things to reminiscing about while slitting my wrist.

My apologies on the random quality of some videos and screenies. It was all that I could salvage. Most of the time when i do important things I don't have settings on ultra. Didn't want to get random FPS drops when needing to dodge ;)

“I am the storm”

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 79 guests and no members online