Topic-icon Greed Monger is Officially Dead

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 year 8 months ago #40554 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Greed Monger is Officially Dead
It was always dead, but now it is official. Another kickstarter scam put to test. :blink:

www.greedmonger.net/updates/2016/03/23/the-final-end-of-the-road-for-greed-monger/

The Final End of the Road for Greed Monger…
Posted on March 23, 2016, 1:51 am By JamesProctor

After careful consideration giving GM’s track record and the number of people we still have in the community we have decided it’s best to put Greed Monger to rest for good. There is no way that Greed Monger could support it’s self with as small of a user base as we would have.

It’s been fun working with you guys all these years and I hope you guys find homes in future MMOs.

Any questions or comments can be sent to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks!

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 year 8 months ago #40581 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Greed Monger is Officially Dead

Money from their Kickstarter was poorly mismanaged. The idea was too big for the funding they had. Leadership had never made a video game before etc....... Then they tried to revive it and made a little progress. But in the end they had a real lack of resources to get it done.

RIP Greed Monger. Sorry to have ever recommended you and for giving you some of my hard earned money! We should have all known by the horrible name what this would end like.

Next time I see a game called "I'm gonna steal your money" I'm going to thank them for being honest and walk away. lol

A gentle postmortem on the rise and demise of Greed Monger. I just see it as a scam by Jason Appleton and James Proctor was left holding the empty bag.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
1 year 8 months ago #40584 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: Greed Monger is Officially Dead
I would never give to a game named that. I think I said so back when we first covered it.

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 year 8 months ago #40586 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Greed Monger is Officially Dead
I remember thinking the same thing when the MMO was first announced on kickstarter. It sounded shady right off the bat. All Greed Monger did was reinforce my rule of staying away from kickstarter games and paying for alpha access.

“I am the storm”

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

You are not logged in.

Fringers Online

We have 68 guests and no members online

Login