Topic-icon The Elysium WoW emulator community is in total meltdown

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #44879 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: The Elysium WoW emulator community is in total meltdown
massivelyop.com/2017/02/22/the-elysium-wow-emulator-community-is-in-total-meltdown/

Snippet -

The Elysium World of Warcraft private server community is in total meltdown, so popcorn at the ready.

Most MMORPG players would probably have never heard of Elysium but for Nostalrius, the WoW emulator that was C&D'd by Blizzard last year and then went on to agitate for official vanilla servers, blowing its momentum after BlizzCon by handing its source code and characters over to Elysium to run from the Ukraine, only to then change its mind last month and ask for the code back.

Elysium agreed to Nostalrius' requests, but things have gone south for its own game this past week when an emu YouTuber and concomitant agitators accused the top echelons of the Elysium team of everything from manipulating loot tables and unbanning hackers for under-the-table cash to participating in Chinese gold selling schemes with and being shadow-run by emu-slash-RMT-slash-botter-company Crestfall (which actually appears to have abandoned the project already). They probably also did Watergate, I don't know.

"Trump is the first U.S. president in 125 years without a pet. He made the Democratic party his bitch instead."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #44882 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: The Elysium WoW emulator community is in total meltdown
For the life of me I do not know why Blizzard does not have some kind of Vanilla servers out there. Maybe they are waiting for their revenue to drop to a certain point and will then do it? Why not take advantage of the demand?

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 87 guests and no members online