Topic-icon Star Wars Battlefront II Physical Sales Massively Down in UK

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #47078 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Star Wars Battlefront II Physical Sales Massively Down in UK
techraptor.net/content/star-wars-battlefront-ii-physical-sales-massively-down-in-uk

Snippet -

The physical sales of Star Wars Battlefront II are down 60% in the United Kingdom when compared to Star Wars Battlefront as reported by GamesIndustry.biz.

Star Wars Battlefront II has sold fewer physical copies than the previous game in the series. While no specific reason was given for the decline in sales, the odds are that the microtransactions controversy that the game has been embroiled in has had some kind of negative effect on the number of units moving out of stores.

First week sales of the game are down 50% compared to Battlefield 1. 55% of Battlefront II‘s physical sales were on PlayStation 4, 44% were on Xbox One, and 1% were on PC. These figures are in stark contrast to UK game retailers speaking to GamesIndustry.biz last month who had predicted that the latest Star Wars title would outperform Battlefield 1 based on pre-order sales.

Noteworthy, this week it failed to remove the now 3 weeks old Call of Duty: World War II from the top place in the UK retail market sales, sliding into second place ahead of Fifa.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 weeks 5 days ago #47081 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Star Wars Battlefront II Physical Sales Massively Down in UK
Battlefront 2's UK Physical Sales are 61% Lower than Battlefront 1

"I still stand bye my desicion. I WILL NOT BUY THIS GAME...besides the removal of microtransactions."

"Not only rage caused it. Game progression is just absolutely bad designed, it's broken. When you play it you can 100% see that WHOLE progression was created around lootboxes and buying crystals. So now when they disabled microtransactions (for now...) you can feel how dull, slow and terrible the progression is even more, because you can't buy yourself "accelarated experience" the system is a plain dissaster.

EA/DICE was working to implement micro as viable and very attractive way of progression. People reading about it in almost any decent review (heh, even IGN) are discouraged by it, because the longer you play- the slower progression becomes. This is not fucking MMO, we talk about FPS. Whole "Star Cards" system is abomination aimed for making progression for you frustraiting so you are more eager to "accelerate your experience"

They ruined a great game (gameplay is really good!) because of few greedy old management motherfuckers. It could have been so fucking great game....

Fuck you EA, just as much as KONAMI."

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 20 guests and no members online