Topic-icon EA Says Battlefront 2 Loot Boxes Don't Focus on Cosmetics to Preserve Canon

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 week 3 days ago #47189 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: EA Says Battlefront 2 Loot Boxes Don't Focus on Cosmetics to Preserve Canon
More EA BS.

For the record, I'm against ALL forms of loot boxes, including the cosmetics-based ones, but they are still a far better alternative to whatever the hell Battlefront 2 shipped with. EA could've compromised, but instead, they're making bullshit excuses for their rampant greed, and they are still pushing for a loot-box-based progression system.

"EA is just lazy. They don't want to put in the work that's required to make cool skins. Saying it's not Canon is just an excuse and nobody cares about it."

"I feel really bad for dice. They wanted to make a better star wars game by fixing a lot of the problems from the first one. EA totally fucked this game up and if ea wasnt in the picture then im sure battlefront would have possibly been the best game of the year for me and a lot of people, but EA wanted tons of money and to get on the loot box craze. They didnt only fuck themselves but also dice"

"So “changing” battalion colors or outfits on characters ruins the “cannon” but Darth Maul fighting Rey is fine. WTF ea?!?!"

"Realism in a Star Wars game? Yeah because laser guns, space ships that shoot lasers, swords made from crystals that change their color, people having the ability to push, pull, and shoot lighting from their hands using their powers is DEFINITELY realistic."

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 week 3 days ago #47190 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: EA Says Battlefront 2 Loot Boxes Don't Focus on Cosmetics to Preserve Canon
EA Doubles Down on Microtransactions and Rejects Cosmetic Loot Boxes!

"EA can do whatever they want, because I will never spend another cent on anything they are involved in. I don't care how awesome their games are, they killed Mass Effect & I will never forgive them for it. They are dead to me."

"That canon excuse is bullshit. There are so many reasonable cosmetic options within Star Wars that wont break immersion. I’ve been watching the Clone Wars recently and I’ve already seen variety of cool canon clone trooper armors that they could implement into the game. On top of that, it shouldn’t be that hard to come up with at least a few original designs that still look like they belong in Star Wars even if they haven’t been seen before. But whatever. It’s obvious at this point that pay-to-win microstransactions are important to EA..."

"Not buying anything with EA's name on it and every gamer should do the same thing, and honestly they are hell bent on making this an easy decision."

"I see no reason for microtransactions at all. Gaming was great for years before that. Companies like EA and others are the problem here and the more I hear BS from them, the more I am convinced to not buy their games."

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 week 3 days ago #47195 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: EA Says Battlefront 2 Loot Boxes Don't Focus on Cosmetics to Preserve Canon
EA NOT GIVING UP on Microtransactions + Shares PLUMMET + Battlefront 2 cosmetics NOT an option

Over the last couple of weeks, EA has been really making a meal of what should have been an open goal. Star Wars Battlefront II. A star wars multiplayer shooter made by DICE. How do you get that wrong? Two words: Loot boxes. EA’s been saying a lot of stuff about this situation this week and…I don’t think any of it helps.

“I am the storm”

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 23 guests and no members online