Topic-icon A Confession.

• MMO_Doubter
  • MMO_Doubter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • No evil shall escape my sight.
More
1 year 2 months ago #42897 by MMO_Doubter
MMO_Doubter created the topic: A Confession.
I know that I said that I would never give Blizzard a dime again, but I have gone back to WoW. Been playing for about six weeks.

I have also been trying Final Fantasy 14, but I find it very underwhelming. Maybe that should be OVERwhelming, it's very complicated and confusing.

"I dont care about "gamers interest", only mine."
- Spathotan. Oct 2, 2011

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #42898 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: A Confession.
What counts is that you are having fun playing WoW. :cheer:

FFXIV was entertaining and had great graphics, but the forced grouping got old quickly - - especially when my guild all moved on in less than months after playing and I was left alone.

"Trump is the first U.S. president in 125 years without a pet. He made the Democratic party his bitch instead."

• MMO_Doubter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #42899 by MMO_Doubter
MMO_Doubter replied the topic: A Confession.
Having fun? Nope. Not really. I am remembering all the things that made me quit four years ago.

I have not bought the new expansion and not likely that I will. Same game as I left - jerks in BGs, and guilds that don't participate.

Honestly? I see no point to anything in the game. So many different difficulty levels to the dungeons. So much content that is locked-put due to item level. The old raid lockouts (once per week) that still apply to gold farming solo runs.

Crafting is still horrible with its insane daily lock outs dragging back your development even at levels three expansions old...

- Spathotan. Oct 2, 2011
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by MMO_Doubter.

More
1 year 2 months ago #42900 by Kazara
I have to wonder why you are playing for more than a month (due to subscription fee). Isn't there any other MMO that you find interesting enough to try?

There are a couple of MMOs (LotRO, EQ2) I would like to return to, but the reason I left them in the first place was I got weary of playing alone and that circumstance isn't likely change.

"Trump is the first U.S. president in 125 years without a pet. He made the Democratic party his bitch instead."

• MMO_Doubter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #42910 by MMO_Doubter
I have in the past suggested that we here pick a game to play together.

It seems that people are either not interested in playing MMO at all, or dislike each other too much to spend time playing together.

I am playing WoW until my prepaid card runs out.

- Spathotan. Oct 2, 2011
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by MMO_Doubter.

More
1 year 2 months ago #42911 by Kazara
Finding an MMO we all want to participate in can be trying. I have no interest what so ever in forced PvP, but there are those that find that aspect of game play an absolute must. Some newer MMOs (AA, BDO, etc.) have forced PvP, so I am limited to the MMOs I would even want to try.

I have no interest in F2P games that nickle and dime you to play the game the way it should be to begin with, but I am willing to pay a subscription to enjoy an MMO (fremium) the way it was designed to be played. I have tried only one buy to play MMO, The Secret World, and found that paying an optional subscription fee was probably a must to progress in the game. I ended up far too under 'level' to progress through the game any further unless I did a lot of mindless grinding.

I also don't stick around once I hit level cap in theme parks since I find end game raiding uninteresting (repeat content over and over to get gear to do more of the same). If there was a great player economy, I might feel differently, but most cash shops usually have a pronounced negative on player economies.

I might have been willing to play Elder Scrolls Online, but not having an auction house and relying on being members of up to five guilds to sell your items killed my interest.

I am always interested in MMO suggestions. :)

• MMO_Doubter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
More
1 year 2 months ago #42914 by MMO_Doubter

Kazara wrote: Finding an MMO we all want to participate in can be trying. I have no interest what so ever in forced PvP, but there are those that find that aspect of game play an absolute must. Some newer MMOs (AA, BDO, etc.) have forced PvP, so I am limited to the MMOs I would even want to try.

I have no interest in F2P games that nickle and dime you to play the game the way it should be to begin with, but I am willing to pay a subscription to enjoy an MMO (fremium) the way it was designed to be played. I have tried only one buy to play MMO, The Secret World, and found that paying an optional subscription fee was probably a must to progress in the game. I ended up far too under 'level' to progress through the game any further unless I did a lot of mindless grinding.

I also don't stick around once I hit level cap in theme parks since I find end game raiding uninteresting (repeat content over and over to get gear to do more of the same). If there was a great player economy, I might feel differently, but most cash shops usually have a pronounced negative on player economies.

I might have been willing to play Elder Scrolls Online, but not having an auction house and relying on being members of up to five guilds to sell your items killed my interest.

I am always interested in MMO suggestions. :)

I could hold my nose over WoW's flaws if you could. Having a good group of people to play with makes a huge difference.

- Spathotan. Oct 2, 2011

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 85 guests and no members online