Topic-icon White Genocide in Space (Star Trek Discovery)

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
3 weeks 6 days ago #45878 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: White Genocide in Space (Star Trek Discovery)

"this is preemptive damage control for when the new series flops. "startrek fans are just raysist thats why it failed" taking a page out of paul fieg's book."

"Being behind a paywall is probably going to doom it more than any other factor."

"Star Trek Discovery will go down in history as the fastest cancelled Star Trek Series... So, at-least it will achieve that ;)"

"Not wanting a beloved show to be a vessel for political correctness is a very valid worry, whether you are left or right leaning in your politics mainly because when they try to write it in to the script, it's ham-fisted in and always so completely obvious, it takes you completely out of whatever you are watching. For example, if for some reason in this space drama set in the very distant future, someone mentions a wage gap, you know the point of that scene was solely to get that point in and the rest of the scene written around it, instead of dialogue written naturally into the scene."

"I fucking love Sisco, favorite captain. Not because he's black, but because he single handedly saved our entire quadrant from pure annihilation. He was a well written character, great back story and and his race never impacted his character and it never defined him. Star Trek taught me that race and gender doesn't matter in the future and the only thing that can hold you back is yourself. If they try to push either race or gander to any degree, ANY degree, this show will lose their core fanbase. Trek fans get it, social pandering media doesn't."

"Diversity? Meh. Not an issue. Cast being fired, shuffled about, thus much production hell, actors and actresses trying to abandon ship? Red alert and shields up, my dudes, they wrote the Kobyashi Maru, the unwatchable, unfilmable, and possibly even unlikable Trek. This makes me damn sad because I grew up on Trek. And the pay wall shut is bullshit! CBS can suck a fuck for what they're doing."

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” ― George Orwell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 72 guests and no members online