Topic-icon Star Trek: Discovery to tackle Trump-era political divide

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #46436 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Star Trek: Discovery to tackle Trump-era political divide
ew.com/tv/2017/09/07/star-trek-discovery-trump-political-divide/

Snippet -

The upcoming CBS All Access drama tells the serialized story of a war between the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire. The show is set a decade before 1966’s original series — which premiered 51 years ago today — during which the Federation and Klingons were in a Cold War standoff that reflected yesteryear’s U.S.-Soviet relations. In Discovery, war breaks out and the Klingons leading the charge have some ideological ideas inspired by the 2016 electoral divide.

I read a response to the article that really resonated with me:

"Well, now that they tell us this there is one more nail in the coffin. This will now be the worst received trek ever. 1. Regressive virtue signalling and pop cultural faux diversity...check. 2. Episodes behind a paywall....check. 3. Attempting to humiliate half of the audience....check. This dooms the series to failure, which being a life long Trek watcher I am sad for. They could have made the series good and not had to fill it full of regressive political views, but I had already decided not to watch long ago and this now confirms I will not watch ever, even the free pilot episode."

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Kazara.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
3 months 6 days ago #46445 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Star Trek: Discovery to tackle Trump-era political divide

The story, set 10-years before William Shatner's Captain Kirk, will focus on the fractious early relations between the United Federation of Planets and the aggressive Klingon Empire.

Hi everyone here is the link: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4866498/Star-Trek-Discovery-Trump-era-political-divide.html

"Don't worry too much about it. The Star Trek reboot is shit anyway, and if words gets out about this then they will lose half of their potential base due to making the Klingons "Trump supporters". Not very smart marketing."

"Noooooooo, not Star Trek TOO???damn hollyweird"

"I feel sick.... how can anyone even enjoy such a show? It's so backwards and flawed. So divisive... Trump supporters aren't even characterized as "racial purists", and many supporters are legal Mexicans, blacks, and Asians. It's like everyone believed the Charlottesville False Flag and that "all Trump supporters are Nazi, hurr durr." I can't believe it, it's so obvious and repulsive. Boycotting this shit."

"Yet another divide and conquer tactic that will fail. Just like SJW Marvel comics."

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
3 months 5 days ago #46449 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Star Trek: Discovery to tackle Trump-era political divide

“I am the storm”

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #46520 by Kazara

"Just one more reason why STD with be a fucking train wreck."

"I remember Star Trek was a show about philosophy and morality in a entertaining way. But this is not that."

"No escapism folks, welcome to the salt mines."

"They modeled Klingons after what they want Trump supporters to be. Aggressive and concerned only with victory and power. Which is ironic, considering that basically defines every sjw I've seen."

"matt is still salty about trump and misquoting him. cartels exist matt, they cross the border with drugs and murder people all the time. get over your self. i also dont understand why you want the US to become an islamic state like Germany"

“I am the storm”

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

You are not logged in.

Fringers Online

We have 85 guests and no members online

Login