Topic-icon Unhappy New Years Day: “Last Jedi” Knocked Off Number 1 by “Jumanji” Reboot

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #47535 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Unhappy New Years Day: “Last Jedi” Knocked Off Number 1 by “Jumanji” Reboot
www.showbiz411.com/2018/01/01/unhappy-new-years-day-last-jedi-knocked-off-number-1-by-jumanji-reboot

Snippet -

On its 18th day of release, the latest “Star Wars” movie was supplanted at number 1 on the box office chart by the reboot of “Jumanji.”

“Jedi” took in $15.7 million. “Jumanji” scored over $16.1 million. “Jumanji” is in its 13th day of release.

For “Jedi,” losing number 1 less than three weeks after release is a little surprising. But as I’ve told you right along, the new “Star Wars” movie hasn’t been keeping pace with its predecessor, “The Force Awakens.”

Anyone who has watched the SJW dumpster fire that is 'The Last Jedi' can understand why the movie has lost a lot of interest. I also believe that this garbage will damage Star Wars IX's turnout in a couple of years. I know I will not be spending money to watch it.

I really didn't think anyone could do more damage to the Star Wars legacy more than George Lucas himself. Then Disney stepped up and said, "Hold my beer."

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #47537 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: Unhappy New Years Day: “Last Jedi” Knocked Off Number 1 by “Jumanji” Reboot
I have not seen the new movie yet, so that says something right there... any other SW release, even the prequels I've been in the first week.

I thought Rogue One was pretty good, not great, good, like B-/C+. I thought The Force Awakens was a solid B-.

I've seen the spoilers and plot outlines for this one, and I'm just dumbfounded at the choices made. The only treatment I've seen that makes sense is that this is a radical left-wing version of Star Wars, where Rey's peasant background IS the important story for her. Leia, a strong woman, got to her position due to her 'privilege' status. Rey will be a self-made woman leader of a Resistance movement.

The original trilogy was a bit left-leaning, obviously, with the storm troopers and nazi-esque empire. But, it wasn't a shit series either. It continued long-established western-style story telling that made it great.

I'll wait for this one to be free on Netflix. Not even going to spend a dollar at RedBox on it.

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #47540 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Unhappy New Years Day: “Last Jedi” Knocked Off Number 1 by “Jumanji” Reboot
Rian Johnson just went completely abandoned the built up base that J. J. Abrams set in place with 'The Force Awakens'. I do not want to say anymore since you have not seen it yet, but suffice it to say 'The Last Jedi' makes the prequels look great - - even Jar Jar Binks is redeemed.

Temp, I will be very interested to see what you and kef think about the movie once you witness the trainwreck that is 'The Last Jed'. I have seen and read reviews that shredded the movie and were actually more entertaining than the movie itself. It is just tragic that the movie had awesome visuals yet the plot is riddled with holes that you could run Dreadnought cruisers through and there was little thought given to solid character development.

I am pretty much done with Disneyfied Star Wars. I sued to so love it and it really hurts to see what has become of it. The obvious wasted potential is like rubbing salt into an open wound.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

You are not logged in.

Fringers Online

We have 39 guests and no members online

Login