Topic-icon Videogames are seriously flagging on Kickstarter

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 week 5 days ago #47588 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Videogames are seriously flagging on Kickstarter

Videogames are flagging on kickstarter. Games as a whole on the platform, which includes board games, card games and whatever, are doing great, growing year on year. But videogames are just not going anywhere.

"Hasn't every video game related thing on Kickstarter been a scam, or pile of shit? It's no wonder why. There's no trust left."

"I for one have been burned so many times thay I will never back any game on KS anymore. Even Broken Age which started it all was a disappointment."

"I Kickstarted Yooka-Laylee and I'm happy with the result, but I don't think that I'll take the risk again because there are too many scams and too many games that end up being shit"

"Bad experience with game kickstarter like Project Phoenix. They got 1 mil. $, they used it on different game. And they killed Project Phoenix."

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 week 5 days ago #47596 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Videogames are seriously flagging on Kickstarter
Star Citizen Raised $34 Million In 2017; Video Games On Kickstarter Raised $17 Million

Snippet -

According to the report, Star Citizen generated $34.91 million in crowdfunding throughout 2017. Kickstarter only generated $17.25 million in 2017, slightly down from $17.6 million in 2016. That’s a small piece of the $172 million raised in general for games throughout 2017, including video and board games.

So all of video games combined still couldn’t equate to what gamers spent on Star Citizen.

Scam-fatigued was the number one culprit that most people pointed to when it came to Kickstarter’s decidedly smaller intake throughout 2017.

Lots of Kickstarter projects have either failed to deliver or delivered in poor enough form that gamers have opted out of supporting projects on the platform. Fewer top-name games have been pitched, many titles are also derivative, or sequels, or spiritual successors. One of the few games that gained a lot of attraction recently is a game called Sessions, which actually looks like a quality-made title.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

You are not logged in.

Fringers Online

We have 30 guests and no members online

Login