Topic-icon EA's Anthem DELAYED! BioWare Talks Loot Boxes & Calls Out EA Critics...

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
3 weeks 1 day ago #47818 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: EA's Anthem DELAYED! BioWare Talks Loot Boxes & Calls Out EA Critics...

"I miss old school BioWare...Before they were forced by EA to implement all this "games as service" elements into their games."

"Let me ask you this, anonymous developers, what has EA done for me the consumer that I should excuse all their past transgressions let alone recent ones?"

"These studios are stupid if they sellout to EA."

"If EA disolves whatever is left of Bioware, i'm going to celebrate. Another dead sellout developer."

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm,” to which Trump whispered back, “I am the storm.”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
3 weeks 1 day ago #47826 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: EA's Anthem DELAYED! BioWare Talks Loot Boxes & Calls Out EA Critics...

"That intro hit me in the damn feels, so true, and super worried about losing dragon age, because EA is a plague on story driven gaming."

"The only successful thing EA does nowadays is to lower our expectations of their releases."

"the intro literally almost brought a tear to my eye"

"If Anthem fails... more like WHEN Anthem fails"

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm,” to which Trump whispered back, “I am the storm.”

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
3 weeks 23 hours ago #47833 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: EA's Anthem DELAYED! BioWare Talks Loot Boxes & Calls Out EA Critics...

EDIT: Hey devs, with all due respect, we can talk about "nuanced" once your monetization schemes become less blatant in their predatory and manipulative nature.

"As an former long time Bioware fan it breakes my heart to say, but I absolutely don't have any interest in Anthem or in multiplayer/online games in general. Bioware is a shell of their former selves anyway... RIP BIOWARE :'("

"EA really doesn’t learn do they? It was obvious to everyone that using Frostbite for Andromeda was a huge mistake, but hey let’s make them do it with Anthem. If only someone would drop a lot of money and buy Bioware before EA destroys them because it’s obvious they’ve got them by the balls and they’re squeezing harder by the day. Personally I want Anthem to succeed because Bioware doesn’t deserve to be thrown away like Visceral was"

"Remember when Bioware had their own top-of-the-line engine to the point where devs like CDPR bought licenses for it in order to put together the first Witcher game? I hope the acquisition was worth it, because there's no chance in hell they'll ever be at that point again... Frostbite is a meme of an engine right now."

"I worked at Bioware Austin back in 2015, and I remember when Anthem was just the "Dylan" project. Back then they had scuttled Shadow Realms in favor of putting that whole team on ME:A. Everyone wanted to get off working on ToR and move to work on ME, thinking it would be a slam-dunk for their careers, and they did slowly scavenge people, but the moment everyone started poking at the engine, they all hated it. The people at Austin were also always kind of concerned about how Edmonton were treating them as a lesser partner in the dev process. Given how well the recent ToR expansions did for the the subscriber numbers, there was all sorts of talk at the time about how Bioware might accelerate their plans for future Star Wars projects. But after ME:A, I got the impression from some of the folks I know who still work there that those hopes have been mostly sunk. Particularly for the people at the Austin office. I'm no longer close enough to the people who work there to say anything definitive, but I can DEFINITELY believe that Anthem is a make-or-break title. Bioware might not go away if it fails, but it will certainly downsize, and I'd bet money that the Austin office will be shut down and the scope of their future plans significantly scaled-back."

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

You are not logged in.

Fringers Online

We have 48 guests and no members online

Login