• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #46352 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Joss Whedon was never a feminist
I love it when they eat their own.

Joss Whedon was never a feminist

Snippet -

And a lot of us trusted Whedon and his characters and, yes, even his performative feminism. His work has plenty of male gaze and women in refrigerators and some narratively pointless rape scenes—it’s all right there, in hundreds of hours of television and film—but boy, it sure is a lot more comfortable to listen to a guy tell you he’s a feminist than listen to a lot of women telling you he’s not. Women are trained to prioritize men; men expect to be trusted. We trust men; men use that to shield bad behavior. I was sexually harassed for four years, beginning when I was 16 years old, by a male boss. I stopped talking about it in public spaces because I got sick of people asking me why I’d let it go on for so long. Aside from the fact that I wasn’t responsible for his behavior, or that I was a kid who didn’t have the vocabulary for what was happening, I also trusted him. He was an authority figure, and an older man, the kind of person I was raised to be polite to and defer to, and he used that trust as a shield for some pretty awful behavior. It’s a commonplace story.

Democrat (n): a sub-human being that spreads hate, fear and racism to try to be elected into public office.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #46355 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Joss Whedon was never a feminist

Democrat (n): a sub-human being that spreads hate, fear and racism to try to be elected into public office.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Kazara.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 62 guests and no members online