Topic-icon Teenager spent over $13,000 on Microtransactions

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 week 1 day ago #47219 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Teenager spent over $13,000 on Microtransactions

A self-confessed whale who spent over $13,000 on microtransactions in mobile games like Clash of Clans and The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth. Here’s the twist though, he started doing this from the age of 13. He’s now a reformed character having gone cold turkey at the age of 19.

"An open letter to EA describing how a player has spent $13,000 on microtransactions and how he became addicted to these microtransactions will only re-affirm the reason why they want microtransactions in their game."

"Any game with MTX should be rated M, to limit the access from minors."

"and someone in EA will read this and think...why the fuck would we ever stop microtransactions when STUPIDITY like THIS exists in gaming.."

"Until the community boycotts these games this practice will continue indefinitely."

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
5 days 14 hours ago #47245 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Teenager spent over $13,000 on Microtransactions

"All games with microtransactions should has "adult only" rating."

""No one "forced" him to spend thousands of dollars." Said every developer ever."

"I spent around $8000 on eve online gambling sites before they removed them. the addiction is real."

"I bet EA has a huge poster now with the kid's face, under it, a label: "TARGET CUSTOMER""

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

• Kazara
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
5 days 14 hours ago #47246 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Teenager spent over $13,000 on Microtransactions
Young Gambling Addict Who Spent $13,000 on Microtransactions Shares His Story

"This conversation is starting to go in the wrong direction for me. I don't really care for others getting addicted to this. It's bad, but I just want this bullshit out of my games. I want full games. Games with content that doesn't suck. It is bad enough that these publishers are so greedy, but also the games are getting worse and worse. They can all go to hell with these kind of games. I keep playing games that don't want to screw me over and just want my money. #FuckEA #FuckKonami #FuckUbisoft"

"All games with microtransactions should has "adult only" rating."

"I really feel for this kid and others like him but have to disagree strongly that the companies offering the loot boxes are not to blame. That's just his guilt and low self esteem talking. The companies doing this are not blindly adding bits to these games. They are engineering the most addictive elements possible through the application of known triggers and previous work done in psychology. The are manipulating people and getting the most vulnerable ones to spend big."

""No one "forced" him to spend thousands of dollars." Said every developer ever."

“I am the storm”

Time to create page: 0.638 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 69 guests and no members online