Topic-icon EA May Not Bring Back Microtransactions to Star Wars Battlefront 2

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
3 days 13 hours ago #47284 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: EA May Not Bring Back Microtransactions to Star Wars Battlefront 2

Not gonna lie, it seems too good to be true. This is EA we're talking about. Only time will tell.

"Oh EA, too little too late. It's over, end it, give up, don't fuck it up again. They've already alienated so many consumers from ever supporting them again, what they SHOULD be doing is focusing on the current titles in development as well as the ones slated for release (like UFC) and adjusting them BEFORE they come out so they don't fuck up their relationship with those fans as well. Their chances are fairly limited at this point, and most of their options can't be redeemed - but the little hope they have to win back some goodwill is making sure they don't get to this point in the future. But who are we kidding, that's never gonna happen. Billions of dollars in stock drops won't faze them, what else will?"

"It's a trap. If the Wilson loot boxes aren't out of the game, they can just turn it back on once game sales go up."

"I swear i am seeing so much about micro transactions and loot boxes that i had a dream last night.....and i had to pay to unlock the rest of my dream"

"Whether they bring them back or not, I'm pretty certain Battlefront 2 sales and EA's reputation will not recover, at least not without much bigger interventions."

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SirMarty
  • Wont Go Away
  • Wont Go Away
  • Gaming Legend
More
2 days 3 hours ago #47290 by SirMarty
SirMarty replied the topic: EA May Not Bring Back Microtransactions to Star Wars Battlefront 2
Didn't EA's message regarding their retraction of microtransactions in BFII specifically state it was temporary? They'll definitely bring them back.

How many cats could a catscan scan if a catscan could scan cats?

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
1 day 14 hours ago #47293 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: EA May Not Bring Back Microtransactions to Star Wars Battlefront 2
EA announced that it was temporarily retracting lottery loot box microtransactions, but the backlash was so big, it is rumored that EA is considering permanently removing them. I don't buy it for a minute - - EA is far too greedy to give up on lottery loot boxes, which brings in the most income in games that utilizes this mechanic. I think they will tone down the P2W mechanics to make the 'gambling' more palatable.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 87 guests and no members online