Topic-icon People Claim EA Did NOTHING Wrong & Battlefront 2 Mess Caused By "Poor" Players.

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 weeks 5 days ago #47492 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: People Claim EA Did NOTHING Wrong & Battlefront 2 Mess Caused By "Poor&

A breakdown of the flawed and crazy defense that people are making for EA and Star Wars Battlefront 2

"Casuals are ruining EVERYTHING as usual."

"I found that thread and (thankfully) people have joined in to tear these idiots apart. I encourage anyone and everyone to go into this thread and tear it apart. battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/82533/please-bring-back-crystals-soon "

"These dumbasses don't realize the grind is only there because of the mts"

"Jeez.. the amount of self-entitlement oozing from those pro-MTX posts is horrifying. Seriously, a minority of supposedly rich players, blind fanboys and ironic counter-argument posters do not speak for the majority of people who have voiced their outrage and incredulity at EA's decisions. This same group also trying to marginalise them as effectively no-life, basement dwelling shut-ins just goes to prove how fallacious their position is in the first place. Sickening. Edit: Also, all these people stating that its fine because every other company does it is hysterical. I'm sure that reason holds up in court or higher up."

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
2 weeks 5 days ago #47494 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: People Claim EA Did NOTHING Wrong & Battlefront 2 Mess Caused By "Poor&
www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/12/examining-growing-ea-nothing-wrong-argument/47803/

Examining The Growing “EA Did Nothing Wrong” Argument

Snippet -

I think it’s time that gamers and normies alike take up a magnifying glass and peer into the growing argument that goes by the name of “EA Did Nothing Wrong”, which is in regards to Star Wars Battlefront 2, microtransactions, RNG loot-boxes, and non-disclosed “gambling” in video games.

Circling the internet comes a recent post by IGN. The piece asks the question “Can AAA Games Survive Without Microtransactions?” Here’s an excerpt of the post, which touches on the growing situation that EA and DICE have made quite relevant due to their product that is Star Wars Battlefront 2:

“there are a lot of people who say “well, I’d prefer to have optional microtransactions than to have to pay $80 USD for games,” but I don’t think this is a choice we need to make, and it’s certainly not one we should accept.

The logic behind that argument is that development and marketing costs are rising, and this is true. Rami Ismail, co-founder of independent developer Vlambeer (Ridiculous Fishing, Nuclear Throne), told IGN, “While games are often cheaper now than ever before, budgets keep rising due to customer expectations. Someone has to make those 4K HDR models and textures, someone has to animate those 30 extra frames per second.” Another facet is that, despite inflation, video games have remained the same price in the United States for the past decade, meaning there are profit losses as a result of price stasis. Both of these things are correct, but there’s a lot more to it.”

A lot of people roll with what’s said in the blockquote. You say you don’t believe me? Well various of people have taken to forum boards and videos defending EA and DICE practice regarding Star Wars Battlefront 2 and its certain “feature” that brings a sense of pride and accomplishment.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

You are not logged in.

Fringers Online

We have 123 guests and no members online

Login