• Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
3 months 1 week ago #46418 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Game Journalists Must Be “Good” at Video Games
nichegamer.com/2017/09/05/game-journalists-must-good-video-games/

Snippet -

Having a games critic that is not good at a video game and not good at adapting to said game is not only unfair to the game, but also to the reader (or viewer) as well.

The enthusiast community that has helped build the gaming industry into a multi-billion dollar entertainment megalith that eclipses the music and movie industries combined want to know if a game is “good” or not. This mostly requires the game critic to have excellent hand-eye coordination, as well as both subjective and objective methods to critique the game itself.

If the game journalist or critic repeatedly fails at a game and simply can’t adapt or learn from its mechanics, it becomes the fault of the game or the game journalist. I haven’t played Cuphead yet, but judging from its tutorial (which Dean repeatedly failed over) and its levels, I simply cannot fathom how anyone with any gaming experience can fail so much with that game.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
3 months 1 week ago #46438 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Game Journalists Must Be “Good” at Video Games

AlphaOmegaSin rants about how a video game journalist should be able to ACTUALLY play games. If you're doing a video game review & act like each is the hardest video game ever due to your own inability then how can you accurately give an honest review? We got to see this on the likes of Polygon and with other major publications in gaming. It's ridiculous.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

You are not logged in.

Fringers Online

We have 108 guests and no members online

Login