Topic-icon Vice, Anti-#GamerGate Website Accused Of Sexual-Harassment Culture

• Kazara
  • Kazara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #47015 by Kazara
Kazara created the topic: Vice, Anti-#GamerGate Website Accused Of Sexual-Harassment Culture
www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/11/vice-anti-gamergate-website-staff-accused-sexual-harassment-culture/44294/

Snippet -

Vice Media is being accused of cultivating a “toxic” atmosphere steeped in sexual misconduct and sexual harassment. The story broke in an article published on November 15th, 2017 by the Daily Beast, who detailed the allegations made against the anti-#GamerGate outlet.

The allegations were against one of the former editors of Vice, Kaj Larsen, which involved touching another former staff member, Phoebe Barghouty, inappropriately. This all allegedly took place back in 2015. Barghouty also reported some situations that she described as perceived threats from Larson. Barghouty and other female staff contacted human resources about the issue, and also wrote to a manager about the problems as well. However, the Daily Beast is reporting that that particular manager is no longer with the company.

The current female staff at Vice are currently contractually barred from speaking out instances of sexual misconduct taking place at the media outlet, and signed non-disclosure agreements while working for the supposed Progressive media empire.

Part of the NDA makes it known that as an employee you’re not allowed to find the workplace environment offensive, indecent, disturbing, or violent. The Daily Beast linked to a photo copy of the NDA, where one section reads…

“Although it is possible that some of the text, images and information I will be exposed to the course of my employment with Vice may be considered by some to be offensive, indecent, violent or disturbing, I do not find such text, images or information or the workplace environment at Vice to be offensive, indecent, violent or disturbing.”

Essentially, Vice has their current employees on lockdown from speaking about any potential or perceived ills taking place at the company, which may include sexual misconduct, harassment, or abuse.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 59 guests and no members online