• Temploiter
  • Temploiter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
4 years 1 month ago #33149 by Temploiter
Temploiter created the topic: Indie MMO: Life is Feudal
Saw this on Masively tonight. It's a Youtube trailer showing some features. I like what I see so far...

I'm not sure how the combat formations will work, but it looks cool.

Temploiter
-Making Friends and Influencing People

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #33212 by Kazara
Kazara replied the topic: Indie MMO: Life is Feudal
This MMO has some fantastic features but I lost complete interest when I saw "Full loot and free PvP". Another Indie developer following the same forced PvP path of fail that other Indie developers have followed with the likes of Mortal Online, Dark Fall Online, Xsyon, etc..

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

More
4 years 1 month ago #33232 by Kazara
Looks like Bitbox has launched an Indiegogo campaign for crowd funding for "Life is Feudal" to the tune of 200k Euros.

And the Deep State whispered to Trump “You can’t withstand the storm”, to which Trump replied
“I am the storm”

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
4 years 1 month ago #33237 by Temploiter
Temploiter replied the topic: Indie MMO: Life is Feudal

Kazara wrote: This MMO has some fantastic features but I lost complete interest when I saw "Full loot and free PvP". Another Indie developer following the same forced PvP path of fail that other Indie developers have followed with the likes of Mortal Online, Dark Fall Online, Xsyon, etc..

I wouldn't call those games failures, I don't know much about Mortal Online, but Darkfall is expanding into Korea right now, and Xyson just got up on Steam. They seem to be doing fine. As I said in the other thread, I prefer optional PvP (ala SWG) for sandbox games, but if you are building a realistic feudal fighter, well, you might get your arms hacked off at some point by brigands. I think there is a way to do open PvP without it turning into a gank-fest, and that's with safe-ish zones like EVE has. You can kill anyone anywhere, but if you are in "Empire Space" then you WILL be destroyed by the police (concord) for doing it.

Temploiter

More
4 years 1 month ago #33246 by Kazara
Xsyon plans on having a PvE server. The devs must know that offering more than just FFA full loot PvP would be far too limiting on potential players ($$$$). The games mentioned are still in operation, but essentially have failed when considering where they should have been. EVE is the only forced PvP game around that is successful IMHO.

“I am the storm”

More
4 years 1 month ago #33326 by Kazara

Kazara wrote: Looks like Bitbox has launched an Indiegogo campaign for crowd funding for "Life is Feudal" to the tune of 200k Euros.

So far this game has only raised 3,234 euros. It still has 38 days to go, but it appears there is not much in the way of serious player interest/support at this point.

“I am the storm”

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
4 years 1 month ago #33331 by Temploiter

Kazara wrote:

Kazara wrote: Looks like Bitbox has launched an Indiegogo campaign for crowd funding for "Life is Feudal" to the tune of 200k Euros.

So far this game has only raised 3,234 euros. It still has 38 days to go, but it appears there is not much in the way of serious player interest/support at this point.

In other words, the Hardcore PvP Medieval Fantasy MMO niche is filled.

Temploiter

• Temploiter
  • Subversive Agent
  • Subversive Agent
  • Robot Death Machine
More
4 years 1 month ago #33333 by Temploiter

Kazara wrote: Xsyon plans on having a PvE server. The devs must know that offering more than just FFA full loot PvP would be far too limiting on potential players ($$$$). The games mentioned are still in operation, but essentially have failed when considering where they should have been. EVE is the only forced PvP game around that is successful IMHO.

I disagree with saying they aren't what they should have been. I highly doubt they envisioned them being WoW-killers or even competitors. All along, and I followed it for seven years, the Darkfall developers said it was a niche game. If they wanted to chase the dollar they would have gone optional PvP.

I would also like to point out that EVE is only "open PvP" in the sense that, yeah, you can kill anyone anywhere, but the price for that is overwhelming. Everything on you will be blown away and your ship (you) is destroyed. You better have a backup ship laying around somewhere or you will be back to square one in saving up creds to buy a shuttle with a pistol taped to it. I've played EVE on-and-off for years in Empire Space as a casual n00b, and have never been attacked.

Temploiter

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Login

Fringers Online

We have 29 guests and no members online